Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen G56 Shifter

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

4th Gen G56 Shifter

Anyone tried one of these yet?

https://www.ohiodieselparts.com/prod...hort-throw-m10

The stock shifter in the 4th Gen's does leave something to be desired. My only worry with this would be transmitting noise up through the lever, but then again the 3rd Gen G56 lever didn't really do that and it did not have the damper built in.

I ordered one, will report back my findings.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

2. Likes Power247, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 4th Gen G56 Shifter

its in. I really like the feel and placement of it much better than the stock one. as far as noise an vibration I wont know till I head home tonight. shift knob is supposedly In as well. (I ordered the white one)

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I'M curious about the noise too, keep us posted. Looks great!

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'd love to hear if you like this set-up or not. I've been looking around alternative options as well!

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Well mine is in too. It's ok but I'm not completely sold.

For me, I would have like a little more length to the lever. There is some noise, it's not bad or anything but it's there. With the radio on at the normal level I listen to you can't even really hear it. With heater and radio off, you can tell it's there.

The throws are a bit shorter and crisper but nothing spectacular.

All in all, I don't know, it's OK. I might put the stock shifter back on and try this on my 3RD gen with G56. I painted it flat black before installing. And got a new shift knob, it does not come with a knob.

G56shifter1.jpg
    G56shifter2.jpg

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

7. Likes Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I really like it. The shifts feel more positive. Noise is definitely not horrible. Can’t wait to see if the new clutch amplifys it or not. All and all it fits me well sitting in the drivers seat love the feel and placement for sure. I really like the solid linkage feel compared to the dampened factory one. It does vibrate a bit more though but I can look over that

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info!

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

@wy4x4 and @ram6724v. Are you guys still liking these? I broke my stock shifter today and was looking at these as a replacement. Not sure I like how short it is though...I'd probably go with the factory replacement version.

I have also been reading mixed reviews on how much louder they are. Sounds like they may bark pretty good with a DD clutch.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OneTon View Post
    @wy4x4 and @ram6724v. Are you guys still liking these? I broke my stock shifter today and was looking at these as a replacement. Not sure I like how short it is though...I'd probably go with the factory replacement version.

I have also been reading mixed reviews on how much louder they are. Sounds like they may bark pretty good with a DD clutch.
    With the factory dm clutch the noise isn't horrible. you can hear the gear whine and resonance of the engine though the shifter but again its not bad at all. if you have the stereo on you dont even notice it. i have a valair quiet dual disc that supposed to be here on Thursday that i hope to install this weekend so ill be able to let you know about the noise with a dd clutch next week hopefully. if its too loud ill be changing my fluid to something slightly thicker and posibly installing a fluid dampener.if its still too much.aesthetically it looks very nice. shift are slightly shorter and the over all feel of it while driving is very nice. it fits me in the drivers seat quite well. (i'm 5' 10" and 190 lbs) i would definitely recommend it especially if your in need of replacement. i was not. i do have my factory one still that had around 6k miles on it of your looking for a factory one we could probably work something out

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

lazarsmith makes one for G56. I had one but it was my 02 nv5600. little more money but if I remember right you can pick your degree of angle and length.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast