Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: Diagram for Heated Seats 2013 Laramie

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Diagram for Heated Seats 2013 Laramie

Hey, fellas, I'm stumped. Wondering if anyone can add some insight?

So when I turn on either front heated seats, I hear a relay under the dash in the area of headlight switch click.

The indicator light will come with both lights for either seat and then after a while will go down to 1 light when it times out I guess, to lower the temp from hi to low as it should. Neither front heated seat will come on. Except occasionally they will but very rarely. The heated steering wheel functions as it should. ( It's part f the same module.) The rear heated seats function normally.

This led me to believe the module under the seat was bad. I purchased a new module online. It was an older version than my original and ended with a C. My original ended in H. After installing it, my driver seat heat came on high and seemed to function normally. The passenger side would not illuminate at all. The heated wheel would not work and I could not turn off the driver side heat. I restarted the truck and now none of the seats or steering wheel would illuminate or function. I removed the switch and put my old one back and again the heated wheel worked and both switches would illuminate but no heat from seats.

I purchased the other switch which was supposed to be a newer superseded part number, as it ended in "I". I received it and it is the old discontinued part ended in C again like the other one I had bought. I got nothing after installing the "new" C module. Is it possible that these older modules won't work and I'm chasing my tail until I get a newer module like my original one?

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Noneck; 10-31-2019 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Heated seats fixed!
    2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

2. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Diagram for Heated Seats 2013 Laramie

I know this is a pretty old post, but I just wanted to share what I found out. The new heated seat module has to be programmed to work fully. As much as I hate the dealer, I now swap out the modules seasonally haha! The old one works the cooled seats and heated steering wheel. The new one without being programmed runs the heated seats and cooled seats, but not the heated wheel so I suffer in the winter with no heated wheel in order to have the heated seats. I had buddies with shops try 2 separate scanners, and neither can find that module. My one buddy with a shop has another guy that programs keys and the like who he said may be worth a try, so that's on my list, but I'll do almost anything to avoid a dealership. I have zero confidence in any of them be it for my truck, my challenger or my Harley. Without fail, every single time I have had any of them at the dealer, they created as many new issues as they resolved. In the past 10 plus years the only thing I have used any dealership for has been warranty or recall issues and they have performed unsatisfactorily on every... single... Occasion. Oh well, it's getting chilly here in PA so I guess I'll go swap out my module haha! Stay warm friends!

4. Thanks watersupply189, JJP thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Update... Had module programmed today. Still doing same thing. Heated seats will only come on using the touch screen. The analog switches do nothing. Heated steering wheel wont work at all. Tech said I have a code U1446. Implausible temp reading form steering wheel. Heated wheel will work with the other seat module. Anyone know a good tech?

6. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Final follow up for anyone who may go through this in the future.
    I suspected the module I bought was bad. Luckily my buddy has a 2015 Laramie with the heated and cooled seats like mine. I swapped his module into my truck and voila! So I knew for sure it was the module. I was lucky enough to find a "used" module on eBay for $60. My assumption was that since it was used it was already programmed as my buddies worked on mine. I just got it and plugged it in and now have all the correct functions. The strange thing was that the module numbers did not come up as working on a Ram on searches online.

2012-2017 Dodge Jeep Chrysler OEM Left Heated Seat Module 68217268AD

Description

Used. Good condition.
    Genuine OEM Mopar part.

Please confirm part compatibility with dealer before purchasing.
    MakeModelYearBody & TrimEngine & TransmissionChrysler3002017C, C Platinum, Limited, S3.6L V6 - Flex, 3.6L V6 - Gas, 5.7L V8 - GasChrysler3002016C, C Platinum, Limited, S3.6L V6 - Flex, 3.6L V6 - Gas, 5.7L V8 - GasChrysler3002015C, C Platinum, Limited, S3.6L V6 - Flex, 3.6L V6 - Gas, 5.7L V8 - GasChrysler3002014Base, C, C Luxury, S, SRT83.6L V6 - Flex, 3.6L V6 - Gas, 5.7L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - GasChrysler3002013Base, C, C Luxury, S, SRT8, SRT8 Core3.6L V6 - Flex, 3.6L V6 - Gas, 5.7L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - GasChrysler3002012Base, C, Limited, S, SRT83.6L V6 - Flex, 3.6L V6 - Gas, 5.7L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - GasDodgeCharger2017Daytona, Daytona 392, Pursuit, R/T, R/T 392, SE, SRT 392, SRT Hellcat, SXT3.6L V6 - Flex, 5.7L V8 - Gas, 6.2L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - GasDodgeCharger2016Pursuit, R/T, R/T Road & Track, R/T Scat Pack, SE, SRT 392, SRT Hellcat, SXT3.6L V6 - Flex, 5.7L V8 - Gas, 6.2L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - GasDodgeCharger2015Pursuit, R/T, R/T Road & Track, R/T Scat Pack, SE, SRT 392, SRT Hellcat, SXT3.6L V6 - Flex, 5.7L V8 - Gas, 6.2L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - GasDodgeCharger2014Pursuit, R/T, SE, SRT8, SXT3.6L V6 - Flex, 3.6L V6 - Gas, 5.7L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - GasDodgeCharger2013Pursuit, R/T, SE, SRT8, SXT3.6L V6 - Flex, 3.6L V6 - Gas, 5.7L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - GasDodgeCharger2012Pursuit, R/T, SE, SRT8, SXT, SXT Plus3.6L V6 - Flex, 3.6L V6 - Gas, 5.7L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - GasDodgeDurango2017Citadel, GT, R/T, SXT, Special Service3.6L V6 - Flex, 5.7L V8 - GasDodgeDurango2016Citadel, Limited, R/T, SXT, Special Service3.6L V6 - Flex, 5.7L V8 - GasDodgeDurango2015Citadel, Limited, R/T, Rallye, SXT, Special Service3.6L V6 - Flex, 5.7L V8 - GasDodgeDurango2014Citadel, Limited, R/T, Rallye, SXT, Special Service3.6L V6 - Flex, 5.7L V8 - GasJeepGrand Cherokee2017Laredo, Limited, Overland, SRT, Summit, Trailhawk3.0L V6 - Diesel, 3.6L V6 - Flex, 5.7L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - GasJeepGrand Cherokee201675th Anniversary, Laredo, Limited, Overland, SRT, Summit3.0L V6 - Diesel, 3.6L V6 - Flex, 5.7L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - GasJeepGrand Cherokee2015Laredo, Limited, Overland, SRT, Summit3.0L V6 - Diesel, 3.6L V6 - Flex, 5.7L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - GasJeepGrand Cherokee2014Laredo, Limited, Overland, SRT, Summit3.0L V6 - Diesel, 3.6L V6 - Flex, 5.7L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - Gas

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Just another update, the used module still will not power on my front heated seats.

I just returned the new one that I had tried and gotten programmed.

Dodge dealer ordered new one under warranty and I and will be getting Alphaobd program and attempting to program the new switch on my own.

If you've never heard of alphaobd there is a big thread in the Ramforum on it.

It basically replicates the dealer software on your phone allowing you to change lighting parameters program keys etc.

The cost of the app and an OBD plug will be less than it cost me to have the first module programmed.

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

Wanted to thank you for following up, not many do and it helps.

Alpha ODB is awesome for Mopar!

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Noneck, timshooter40 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Just another update, the used module still will not power on my front heated seats.

I just returned the new one that I had tried and gotten programmed.

Dodge dealer ordered new one under warranty and I and will be getting Alphaobd program and attempting to program the new switch on my own.

If you've never heard of alphaobd there is a big thread in the Ramforum on it.

It basically replicates the dealer software on your phone allowing you to change lighting parameters program keys etc.

The cost of the app and an OBD plug will be less than it cost me to have the first module programmed.

How do you get this alphaobd software on your phone? Is it thru an app or something?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

It's on the Google Play store . I don't think Apple products are supported.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

And for the record I'm still chasing this down.

I was unable to get everything working correctly and had the dealer program the module.

Still the same problem.

With the correct module I'm getting an error of implausible heat range on steering wheel. I'm guessing maybe my wheel went bad or possibly the clockspring. I just got a used column on eBay from a truck with 18,000 miles.

That should at least eliminate both possible issues. Hope to get it installed tomorrow or Tuesday.

It's complete with steering wheel, so it should eliminate the wheel, clockspring, switch and wiring.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    It's on the Google Play store . I don't think Apple products are supported.

Gotcha!

That’s why I couldn’t find it.

LOL thanks man.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

18. Likes Noneck liked this post