Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service Electronic Throttle Control

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Service Electronic Throttle Control

Have a 2015 Ram 2500. While towing a trailer this light popped up and code P0652. once I unhook from a trailer using the round 7 prong the truck will clear the light and code. Doesn’t happen with the small 4 prong plug. Did a 600mi. Trip this weekend and never a light with my boat (4 prong) Hooked up to a trailer with 7 prong this morning and within 10min the lightning bolt and code came back on. Anyone have any clue on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Service Electronic Throttle Control

Some people have found that one of the batteries is weak and they get this code. Might want to try that. Or at least get them tested.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Some people have found that one of the batteries is weak and they get this code. Might want to try that. Or at least get them tested.

And that’s strange as they are new a few months ago.......but I’ll have them checked

5. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

This is random but Check you map sensor on your intake horn. I unplugged this inadvertently and got that message

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

P0652
    LOW VOLTAGE AT THE #1 SENSOR SUPPLY CIRCUIT from Cummins manual.

check your connection plug for the throttle valve controller, map sensor and wires, Cam shaft sensor connection and wires.

When Monitored and Set Condition: When Monitored: With the key on.
    Set Condition: Voltage detected on the sensor supply is below a calibrated value.
    POSSIBLE CAUSES

• ECM
    • (F855) #1 5-VOLT SUPPLY SHORTED TO GROUND
    • (F855) #1 5-VOLT SUPPLY SHORTED
    • FUEL RAIL PRESSURE
    • A/C PRESSURE SENSOR
    • MAP SENSOR
    • CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR
    • INTERMITTENT CONDITION

DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE

1. Turn the ignition off. Disconnect the ECM 60 pin harness connector.
      NOTE: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.
      Turn the ignition on. Measure the voltage between the Sensor (F855) #1 5-volt Supply and the Sensor (K916) #1 Return pin at the ECM. Is the voltage between 4.5 and 5.5 volts?
      Yes --> Go To 2
      No --> Replace and program the ECM in accordance with the Service Information. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
    2. Disconnect the Pressure sensors harness connectors and the engine position sensor. Measure the resistance between the (P855) #1 sensor supply circuits at the ECM harness connector and battery negative. Is the resistance greater than 100K Ohms?
      Yes --> Go To 3
      No --> Repair the harness. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
    3. Reconnect the ECM harness connector. While monitoring with the DRBIII®, disconnect the fuel rail pressure sensor. Is DTC P0652 set?
      Yes --> Go To 4
      No --> Replace the Fuel rail pressure sensor. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
    4. While monitoring with the DRBIII®, disconnect the A/C pressure sensor. Is DTC P0652 set?
      Yes --> Go To 5
      No --> Replace the A/C pressure sensor. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
    5. While monitoring with the DRBIII®, disconnect the map sensor. Is DTC P0652 set?
      Yes --> Go To 6
      No --> Replace the MAP sensor. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
    6. While monitoring with the DRBIII®, disconnect the Camshaft position sensor. Is DTC P0652 set?
      Yes --> Go To 7
      No --> Replace the Camshaft position sensor. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
    7. Measure the resistance between the (F855) #1 sensor supply circuit of the ECM harness connector and all other circuits in both ECM harness connectors. Is the resistance greater than 100K Ohms?
      Yes --> Refer to the SYMPTOM: INTERMITTENT CONDITION Symptom (Diagnostic Procedure). Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
      No --> Repair the shorted circuit. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL

okay well I hope this helps. I have been at work since 9pm last night and I still have 3 hours to go. Thank the lord for this forum to give me things to troubleshoot and take my mind off stuff here in the ER. back to work.

Last edited by DIESELWRKS; 01-09-2019 at 09:45 AM. Reason: add
    2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Skywrench, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    P0652
    LOW VOLTAGE AT THE #1 SENSOR SUPPLY CIRCUIT from Cummins manual.

check your connection plug for the throttle valve controller, map sensor and wires, Cam shaft sensor connection and wires.

Set Condition: Voltage detected on the sensor supply is below a calibrated value.
    POSSIBLE CAUSES

• ECM
    • FUEL RAIL PRESSURE
    • A/C PRESSURE SENSOR
    • MAP SENSOR
    • INTERMITTENT CONDITION

DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE

Turn the ignition on. Measure the voltage between the Sensor (F855) #1 5-volt Supply and the Sensor (K916) #1 Return pin at the ECM. Is the voltage between 4.5 and 5.5 volts?
      Yes --> Go To 2
      No --> Replace and program the ECM in accordance with the Service Information. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
    2. Disconnect the Pressure sensors harness connectors and the engine position sensor. Measure the resistance between the (P855) #1 sensor supply circuits at the ECM harness connector and battery negative. Is the resistance greater than 100K Ohms?
      Yes --> Go To 3
      No --> Repair the harness. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
    3. Reconnect the ECM harness connector. While monitoring with the DRBIII, disconnect the fuel rail pressure sensor. Is DTC P0652 set?
      Yes --> Go To 4
      No --> Replace the Fuel rail pressure sensor. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
    4. While monitoring with the DRBIII, disconnect the A/C pressure sensor. Is DTC P0652 set?
      Yes --> Go To 5
      No --> Replace the A/C pressure sensor. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
    5. While monitoring with the DRBIII, disconnect the map sensor. Is DTC P0652 set?
      Yes --> Go To 6
      No --> Replace the MAP sensor. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
    6. While monitoring with the DRBIII, disconnect the Camshaft position sensor. Is DTC P0652 set?
      Yes --> Go To 7
      No --> Replace the Camshaft position sensor. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
    7. Measure the resistance between the (F855) #1 sensor supply circuit of the ECM harness connector and all other circuits in both ECM harness connectors. Is the resistance greater than 100K Ohms?
      Yes --> Refer to the SYMPTOM: INTERMITTENT CONDITION Symptom (Diagnostic Procedure). Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).
      No --> Repair the shorted circuit. Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL

okay well I hope this helps. I have been at work since 9pm last night and I still have 3 hours to go. Thank the lord for this forum to give me things to troubleshoot and take my mind off stuff here in the ER. back to work.
    Thank you! Why would this issue only pop up when hooked to a trailer with the 7 prong and towing?

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    P0652 LOW VOLTAGE AT THE #1 SENSOR SUPPLY CIRCUIT from Cummins manual.

POSSIBLE CAUSES

• ECM
    • FUEL RAIL PRESSURE
    • A/C PRESSURE SENSOR
    • MAP SENSOR
    • INTERMITTENT CONDITION

DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE

Yes --> Go To 2
      Yes --> Go To 3
    3. Reconnect the ECM harness connector. While monitoring with the DRBIII®, disconnect the fuel rail pressure sensor. Is DTC P0652 set?
      Yes --> Go To 4
    4. While monitoring with the DRBIII®, disconnect the A/C pressure sensor. Is DTC P0652 set?
      Yes --> Go To 5
    5. While monitoring with the DRBIII®, disconnect the map sensor. Is DTC P0652 set?
      Yes --> Go To 6
    6. While monitoring with the DRBIII®, disconnect the Camshaft position sensor. Is DTC P0652 set?
      Yes --> Go To 7

Holy cow that’s a bunch of stuff to go through thanks for sharing

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

She is deleted and tuned so throttle valve wouldn’t be an issue correct?

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rconley374 View Post
    She is deleted and tuned so throttle valve wouldn’t be an issue correct?

Who tuned it?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I have seen others have this issue when they were deleted but the wires for throttle valve were chaffed and making contact? So I don't 100% know.
    the only thing I can think of is the voltage and load receiving with the bigger trailer plug. All the hard parts above listed as possible issues are part of the 5 volt circuit.
    the EGR I believe also is.

the majority of P0652 codes that I read about were usually a wire that is part of that 5 volt circuit had been rubbed through. most of those were people who deleted and
    the zip tie job wasn't up to par. others but actually not many newer 4th gens but older 4th gens were the actual sensors. So do a good look and clean on all the circuit wires, trailer wires, Battery terminals and Hell why not reload your delete tune. just make sure your batteries are full/good volts.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

18. Likes Rconley374, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast