Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  39
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Traction Bars 4D Long box

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Traction Bars 4D Long box

I cut mine around 58" then you have to add in the hiem joints. So I would say around 62" give or take. I wanted them under all the other things welded to the frame right there and it is where the frame is joint front to back so it looked plenty sturdy right there. I think they made it drive much better. Now when you take off it actually takes off instead of feeling mushy and then launching forwards. Only thing with hiems on both ends is there is added road noise around 35 mph range. Overall I am glad I installed them I just need to find someone to powder coat them and if the road noise gets to bugging me I will throw a poly end at the frame and see how that does.

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps
    Sold-2012 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 68RFE 3.73 True Blue Pearl

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jcvititow View Post
    I cut mine around 58" then you have to add in the hiem joints. So I would say around 62" give or take. I wanted them under all the other things welded to the frame right there and it is where the frame is joint front to back so it looked plenty sturdy right there. I think they made it drive much better. Now when you take off it actually takes off instead of feeling mushy and then launching forwards. Only thing with hiems on both ends is there is added road noise around 35 mph range. Overall I am glad I installed them I just need to find someone to powder coat them and if the road noise gets to bugging me I will throw a poly end at the frame and see how that does.
    Thanks for the info- my kit is 100% bolt on it came with bolts but not grade 8 so I bought grade 8s for it. My rear brackets are different than yours like u bolt plates that sit on top and bottom of axle but I am a fan of the style you’re running (nice and clean). I believe my bars are 69” long. ill make sure to take pics during install

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

9 months later got em installed. 63” is right where I ended up which I like since it’s right at the end of the bed. Bolt up kit was easy on passenger side. The fuel tank on drivers side was an issue. I used one bolt and then welded the other part of the bracket. The fuel tank was too tight to frame for getting a nut in there which is why I welded.

they make hook up with 50% throttle or greater is a noticeable difference in grab n go.

No noise yet with grease fittings all the way around. I’ll post back if I have issues

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks watersupply189, Power247 thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123