Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedo/odometer quit today help please

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Speedo/odometer quit today help please

My 95's speedo an odometer quit this morning on the way to work! I know it's common with the first gens that the gear breaks on them but didn't think that was an issue with these 2nd gens. Any advice would be helpful!

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

It's ran electrically. Check your fuses for easiest fix. Other then that it could turn into a sensor. My 98 speedo stopped working. Turns out the cluster fuse was bad

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

But I'm leaning towards sensor because if that's the only thing to stop working its probably not the fuse. As the fuse runs that whole cluster

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah the rest of the cluster works normally. It's just the speedometer and odometer that don't register at all.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Check your fuses to make sure. It's a weird looking one. Try replacing it. That's the cheapest start

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well I found out a couple more possibilities today. I'm going to try reclocking the gear/sensor in the T-case. And just replace the sensor on the rear axle as well since it broke this winter and is zip tied together at the moment haha

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy-J View Post
    Check your fuses to make sure. It's a weird looking one. Try replacing it. That's the cheapest start
    I pulled every fuse on the truck today and didn't find one that was bad. Check all relays with a multimeter and all of them checked out as well.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

The speed sensor is on the left side of the trans between the T case and the main body. My money is on that. If it were a 99 or newer, the engine might be surging

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well it's on the back of the t-case for me but either way, doesn't matter. I tried reclocking that today with no luck. I also out a drill on the end of it afterwards to make sure it works. That's the problem! So with any luck, the part will be in tomorrow.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

You're right. I bad. It's on the tail shaft extension

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast