Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  54
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deleting Friday, removing exhaust difficulty?

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Deleting Friday, removing exhaust difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I honestly hadn't looked, but I believe all the 4th gens include a Catalytic converter. At least up to 13 they had them. It's supposed to be a $50,000 fine (Max) if removed.

Back in 08, we had the converter, and NOX canister and a DPF. It was considered voluntary for the NOX and DPF up to 2010. Then all emissions were mandatory. Catalytic converter's were mandatory since mid 2004.

Needless to say, I was one of the pioneers of the EGR removal. Shibby Engineering and I developed the first air horn that had high flow and allowed the EGR, or deleted. He shortly later made the true 6.7 air horn. H & S and i worked together to make it code free. I beta tested 86 different versions of code free software. Dealer had a pigeon.

FYI about the olden days. The old man busted his butt for all this
    Seems like you have alot of experience! Well I'm glad I live in the great state of TEXAS! No diesel emissions testing except for a couple counties.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steven85 View Post
    Seems like you have alot of experience! Well I'm glad I live in the great state of TEXAS! No diesel emissions testing except for a couple counties.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    We don't have them here in the Right hand California either. They can't afford it. Besides, I deliberately bought a 3500 to become exempt for inspection. I pay an extra 30 dollars a year. In my case it probably doesn't matter

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

We don't have them here in the Right hand California either. They can't afford it. Besides, I deliberately bought a 3500 to become exempt for inspection. I pay an extra 30 dollars a year. In my case it probably doesn't matter
    what do you mean the 3500 is exempt in California for emissions testing, that must be only in certain counties.

6. Likes watersupply189, Yamahamod liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TUNED18 View Post
    what do you mean the 3500 is exempt in California for emissions testing, that must be only in certain counties.
    I'm in Jersey. The right hand California. Both states are messed up

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

I'm in Jersey. The right hand California. Both states are messed up
    haha got ya!!!
    I wish we had that option in real California!

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Those rubber grommets on hangers: I couldn't get channel-locks working right with my messed up hands (too many years of heavy construction) so just used Harbor Freight small rachet-banders. Find a place on body to pull from and lube metal nipple and get-up on bander and they come right off. Did 5" TBE and small muffler (flow-thru) and drone isn't bad at all. Couldn't stand the stock emissions garbage and really glad they fell off when I drove on that rough country road. Have them stacked in shop like a Christmas tree IF I ever want to reinstall. Truck runs 100% better and pleased with Ray's MM3 tuner.

12. Thanks Yamahamod thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the comments. I'll be doing my 2018 when the parts show up. I'm a first time diesel owner to some degree so I find all of your guys tips & tricks very helpful.

Thanks!!

DRD, 5", EGR, Shibby, pillar mount for now.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123