Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  54
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deleting Friday, removing exhaust difficulty?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Deleting Friday, removing exhaust difficulty?

Bit the bullet and ordered Double R Diesel full tuning package for my MM3. I originally had emissions compliant tuning from another company and had some issues, was never really happy and if never really even felt all that different from stock.

After dumping all that money out the drain here I am at 6k miles and tearing my truck apart .

- How difficult is it to remove the exhaust after the turbo?
    - I ordered a 4” delete pipe that eliminates the cat and DPF. Any special tools or techniques?
    - About how long should it take on my back in my garage with hand tools and beer?

I’m very mechanical with a plethora of tools, I just want some advice from you pro’s out there in Cummins land as this is the first diesel mod for me.

Truck is a 2018 2500 crew cab AUTO.

THANK YOU GUYS IN ADVANCE.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Deleting Friday, removing exhaust difficulty?

Awesome man! You will not be disappointed going full delete. As of the difficulty, it’s kind of a pain in the a_ _ if you don’t have a lift to put your truck on but it can be done. Best with 4 hands if you got a friend to help you. I think there is about 7-8 sensor wires to unplug underneath. Best of luck to you!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

3. Likes david3gen, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

What water supply said...lower your spare and remove the heat shield..its not needed and in the way. I did not re-install mine. Start in the back and work your way forward. PB Blast is your best friend even for the rubber exhaust hangers. I did my exhaust 2 weeks ago, 5" MBRP TBE. Me and my brother had it done and completed in about 2.5hrs on the ground no lift. When reinstalling hand tighten all clamps to make adjustments, then start in the front and work your way to the back. Best part is your truck is new and removal should be pretty easy...mine was. I have a 2018 as well and I just rolled 6k over the weekend. Only difference is I have a G56 trans so clearances could be an issue and you may have to drop your trans crossmember to remove your old exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've deleted 2 2500's. My 16 and wife's 17. Did both of them by myself on the ground. Took about 3ish hours. Make sure to install mm3 and tunes first. WD-40 or PB blaster is definitely needed on the hangers. I did 5 inch exhaust on both trucks so I had to remove the downpipe. I dont believe you need to remove it with a 4 inch exhaust (the downpipe is a pain in the axx to re install by yourself). You DO NOT need to drop any crossmembers for exhaust install. Theres roughly 7 sensors in the factory exhaust. Remove spare and heat shield then work from rear to front on exhaust. The SCR on both the trucks needed to be banged/kicked with a good amount of force rearward for it to fall off. For install, I found it easier to start with the rear first (over axle) then move to the front and work back. Leave brackets loose as it makes it easier to install hooks on the hangers. Once adjusted tighten up bolts and reinstall spare. I put the heatshields back on but its up to you. As far as the DEF tank, you can remove it along with the crossmember (sucker is heavy and is only meant to support the DEF tank) or remove tank and flush out with water and reinstall. Its a fairly simple install, just a little time consuming.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

7. Thanks TUNED18, Yamahamod, cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thank you guys very much! I wish you were close, I would buy you beers.

I hope she feels different once deleted. I test drove fords and chevys (I’m a Chevy guy) but have ALWAYS wanted a Cummins BUT it leaves a lot to be desired after driving the other two.

Either way it was Cummins or no diesel!

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TUNED18 View Post
    Thank you guys very much! I wish you were close, I would buy you beers.

I hope she feels different once deleted. I test drove fords and chevys (I’m a Chevy guy) but have ALWAYS wanted a Cummins BUT it leaves a lot to be desired after driving the other two.

Either way it was Cummins or no diesel!
    Oh you will feel a huge difference my friend! I see you live in California, do you plan to reinstall all your exhaust and program back to stock for the strict emissions tests they have there? I heard they are pretty strict in that state.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

11. Likes TUNED18, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Oh you will feel a huge difference my friend! I see you live in California, do you plan to reinstall all your exhaust and program back to stock for the strict emissions tests they have there? I heard they are pretty strict in that state.

Registered in Arizona ??

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post

im registered in Arizona is what I meant to say.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TUNED18 View Post
    im registered in Arizona is what I meant to say.
    Oh sweet! Keep us informed how things work out after you finish.

16. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

If your just doing a delete pipe it shouldnt be too bad. Just some sensors, the CAT and DPF. From my understanding its when you do a turbo back the downpipe clamp at the turbo can be a pain at times. You going to leave the EGR in place? Sounds like just a DPF delete your doing?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast