Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuned 68RFE Shift Patterns

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Tuned 68RFE Shift Patterns

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    My recommendations are the Revmax valve body and their ultra low stall torque converter. The billet flex plate is a good option but not required if you are not going to ever go beyond what the power a stock turbo is capable of making.

A retune is not required for the above mods, but you will not see an increase in line pressure that the new valve body allows if you don't get a retune.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    I got ya. Yeah I don’t plan on ever going into any high hp, I’m content with a 90 horse tune. Thanks for the input sir.

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel after flashing the ECM with a tune file, is it required to do a "Quick Learn" procedure with a Chrysler or Snap-On scan tool prior to the driving re-learn... or is doing a driving re-learn adequate?

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Driving re-learn is fine- it will take a few hundred miles for it to fully learn. City/driving with more stops and starts will accelerate the learning process

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes Roberto Fisherman liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Driving re-learn is fine- it will take a few hundred miles for it to fully learn. City/driving with more stops and starts will accelerate the learning process
    That is correct. Thanks for your post.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes TexNeck, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

If you have the scanner readily available by all means use it to do the quick learn first then go drive it easy for a 100 miles or so

8. Likes Roberto Fisherman liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Good to know. I just did the driving re-learn when I tuned back in July of 2018. Set the MM3 to the lowest hp switch setting and did stop-and-go around town for 100 miles or so before gradually increasing throttle percentage and acceleration rates. That being said, there's a lot of conflicting information out there.... including most of the RevMax documentation stating that a quick-learn was mandatory. Of course, that may be just a condition of their warranty, and I can respect that.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Roberto Fisherman liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Good to know. I just did the driving re-learn when I tuned back in July of 2018. Set the MM3 to the lowest hp switch setting and did stop-and-go around town for 100 miles or so before gradually increasing throttle percentage and acceleration rates. That being said, there's a lot of conflicting information out there.... including most of the RevMax documentation stating that a quick-learn was mandatory. Of course, that may be just a condition of their warranty, and I can respect that.
    I believe there quick relearn is mandatory when you are replacing the trans not just a tune

12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I have been having the same issues with mine and that answers the questions. I have an additional issue that I am having looked at. I also have the hard shift from third to fourth, but it has started to make a slipping/ funny noise while under moderately hard acceleration going into fourth gear. I am having a hard time telling what is normal and what is not. I also am having really hard down shifts while in tow haul mode. Mostly 3rd and 2nd. I thought maybe towing my camper would help smooth some of those shifts, but it seemed to make them even worse. I really makes the truck lurch when it downshifts. I really feel like I'm about to be about $6000 lighter in the pocket. This truck has only been tuned for about 800 miles. I probably didn't do the best job with the relearn when initially tuned, however, I had a new trans tune flashed and was very careful to follow the revmax relearn procedure this time around. Hope it didn't suffer irreparable damage right out of the gate. Truck seems to shift ok in all the other gears.

13. Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sss33 View Post
    I have been having the same issues with mine and that answers the questions. I have an additional issue that I am having looked at. I also have the hard shift from third to fourth, but it has started to make a slipping/ funny noise while under moderately hard acceleration going into fourth gear. I am having a hard time telling what is normal and what is not. I also am having really hard down shifts while in tow haul mode. Mostly 3rd and 2nd. I thought maybe towing my camper would help smooth some of those shifts, but it seemed to make them even worse. I really makes the truck lurch when it downshifts. I really feel like I'm about to be about $6000 lighter in the pocket. This truck has only been tuned for about 800 miles. I probably didn't do the best job with the relearn when initially tuned, however, I had a new trans tune flashed and was very careful to follow the revmax relearn procedure this time around. Hope it didn't suffer irreparable damage right out of the gate. Truck seems to shift ok in all the other gears.
    Where are you located?

If your near PA I would take a ride and see how it feels or help you do a relearn.

15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Where are you located?

If your near PA I would take a ride and see how it feels or help you do a relearn.

I sent a pm with contact info. I am just outside of Allentown.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast