Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Codes after new ecu installed on 2012 6.7

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Codes after new ecu installed on 2012 6.7

New to this and any help would be greatly appreciated! Have just installed a new ecu on my 2012 6.7 and when first fired up and driven, all was good. After restarting it, P0562, P0606, P0049 codes came on when I checked after my dash engine light came on. The truck seems to be running fine...does it need to relearn and reset itself???

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Codes after new ecu installed on 2012 6.7

Quote Originally Posted by miwlod View Post
    New to this and any help would be greatly appreciated! Have just installed a new ecu on my 2012 6.7 and when first fired up and driven, all was good. After restarting it, P0562, P0606, P0049 codes came on when I checked after my dash engine light came on. The truck seems to be running fine...does it need to relearn and reset itself???
    First of all, why did you put in a new ECU

2nd, the dealer has to match the ECU to the truck

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Truck has 240,000 km on it and trany went into limp mode....dealer fixed it by replacing wiring harness to trany from pcm/ecu and then they said it was throwing codes that the turbo actuator was bad but it was working when it went in to them so they couldn't figure out what was going on and by switching pcm from another truck they said it must have fried and needed the computer. I bought a plug and play computer from "allcomputerresources" and they programmed it to the truck serial # and now the turbo and everything works but now throwing the above codes. Thanks for any ideas that you may have.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Truck has 240,000 km on it and trany went into limp mode....dealer fixed it by replacing wiring harness to trany from pcm/ecu and then they said it was throwing codes that the turbo actuator was bad but it was working when it went in to them so they couldn't figure out what was going on and by switching pcm from another truck they said it must have fried and needed the computer. I bought a plug and play computer from "allcomputerresources" and they programmed it to the truck serial # and now the turbo and everything works but now throwing the above codes. Thanks for any ideas that you may have.
    I've seen those store boughts ECM's before. They seem to have issues from time to time. Luck of the draw

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Unfortunately I am not help here- I would reach out to who you bought it from. I am sure if they are decent they’ll know what the issue could be. I wouldn’t think there would be a relearn or break in with everything programmed already

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks for the responses...I will call the ecm company on Monday but was hoping someone might have a magic fix for these codes or had run into the same problems.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Is there an accurate code reader that will really check to see what is going on and not just give me code numbers...I am guessing it is more wiring issues as there seems to be a lot of green corrosion which shouldn't be that bad on a 2012!

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Is there an accurate code reader that will really check to see what is going on and not just give me code numbers...I am guessing it is more wiring issues as there seems to be a lot of green corrosion which shouldn't be that bad on a 2012!

Definately make sure batteries are full charged and grounds/ connections are clean- these trucks will get pissed off with low voltage and do some funny things. Any progress with contacting the company?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Where did you find green corrosion ? Im having some issues with a 12 also.

Thanks,

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Did you find out out what the codes were? Any auto store can read/clear the codes. Green corrosion ? On the battery cables? Might be time to replace them at 240k.
    Mix 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of baking soda with 1 cup (250 ml) of very hot water. Dip an old toothbrush into the mixture and scrub the top of the battery to remove corrosion buildup. You can even dip the ends of the battery cables in hot water to dissolve any corrosion on the cable ends themselves. Baking soda/water mix will neutralize battery acid. Get you batteries checked, may be bad battery. Also disconnecting the positive cables , both of them for 30 min or so will reset computer.