Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Neighbors

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Neighbors

Well, we can't pick them. A rental down and across from me. Pure millennials...

I have had to help them a few times already.

They had a water leak in the sink underneath going to the cold side. Leaking after the shut-off valve. I said turn the water valve off they said they did. Well, I guess they never learned right tight left loose etc. Had to explain how to operate the central air system. Why do people need to make their hair color look like the color of fruit loops?

I will help anyone I can and anytime I can but i now have neighbors that I think of this every time I go outside.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

2. Likes walla2k5, Murph liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Neighbors

Sooner or later we all run into this. I bought a house, and after a bit, the neighbor was in my garage asking for classes on how to fix normal household items and the basics of his car maintenance. When we sold and moved years later, I found out he was a little depressed. The new owners were like he was when I 1st moved in. I told him he learned, he then felt better and more independent, now just pass it forward and he'll fell better.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes walla2k5, Murph liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

You can try and have grace and help, will do that whenever I can. I just think my new neighbors are not the willing to learn or really do things on their own. Reality will set in one of these days.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

6. Thanks Murph thanked for this post
    Likes Murph liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

My son-in-law was raised by a doctor who can operate on people, but doesn't know which end of a screw driver to hold. Everything to be fixed was hired out. Then he married my daughter who said screw paying others for what you can do yourself. Even to this day, when I visit, he question me of something with up coming projects, but does it all himself now. He learned to be self efficient and the money he use to pay others, now goes gets better materials, and maintains it all himself. It just took time and the feeling of accomplishment. Soon it will change with your neighbors. Just make sure they get their hands dirty while helping you.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Likes Murph liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ive got a good one...my neighbor had a 2014 Ram 2500 CTD and he was spending around $150 each time to have the high schoolers at the local lube shop change his oil and rotate his tires. I told him that I’d do it all for him if he bought the filter and oil. I ended up having to purchase it because he didn’t know what to get. After he watched me change his oil I told him to start jacking the whole side of the truck up so we could rotate his tires. He was amazed that I knew how to do this so I thought I’d have some fun. Once he got the driver’s side in the air, I told him to just take each wheel and just give them a really hard spin, and that’s how you rotate tires! He honestly believed me!

Also, my wife has a 2017 Mercedes Benz GLS450 and before we bought it, several friends were in my driveway saying not to because the oil changes are around $300 and they have this special tool to do it with and only the dealer can do it. I walked into my garage and pulled out my Topsider oil extractor and said, “you mean this tool?” That extractor costed me about $60 and I can do an oil change in 30 minutes and rotate the tires for around $60 as well!

It’s amazing how a lack of common sense can cost people tons of money and them never even know it!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

10. Thanks Murph thanked for this post
    Likes Lopie, Murph liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Ive got a good one...my neighbor had a 2014 Ram 2500 CTD and he was spending around $150 each time to have the high schoolers at the local lube shop change his oil and rotate his tires. I told him that I’d do it all for him if he bought the filter and oil. I ended up having to purchase it because he didn’t know what to get. After he watched me change his oil I told him to start jacking the whole side of the truck up so we could rotate his tires. He was amazed that I knew how to do this so I thought I’d have some fun. Once he got the driver’s side in the air, I told him to just take each wheel and just give them a really hard spin, and that’s how you rotate tires! He honestly believed me!

Also, my wife has a 2017 Mercedes Benz GLS450 and before we bought it, several friends were in my driveway saying not to because the oil changes are around $300 and they have this special tool to do it with and only the dealer can do it. I walked into my garage and pulled out my Topsider oil extractor and said, “you mean this tool?” That extractor costed me about $60 and I can do an oil change in 30 minutes and rotate the tires for around $60 as well!

It’s amazing how a lack of common sense can cost people tons of money and them never even know it!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD
    That’s funny about tire rotate

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes Murph liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Special tools ?
    I bought my wife a BMW X3 and with my ramps, the tools I've had for 40+ years can do it quickly.

Jim

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Special tools ?
    I bought my wife a BMW X3 and with my ramps, the tools I've had for 40+ years can do it quickly.
    I can't believe you bought a BMW.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

15. Likes Murph liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

@Polaraco
    What MaMa wants, MaMa gets.
    After 50 years knowing each other, and she's still with me, she deserves it.

Jim

17. Likes Power247, Murph liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    @Polaraco
    What MaMa wants, MaMa gets.
    After 50 years knowing each other, and she's still with me, she deserves it.
    Knowing you, I can imagine.

Elaine and i are retreads. We're only 30 years. and you're right. But she wanted a small SUV. She's wrecked it twice recently so she's got her walking shoes.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

19. Likes Murph liked this post