Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black stuff around turbo inlet

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

some turbos like the VGT ,have there crankcase vent run to the turbo ,,i had the same issue ,until i deleted it and ran a small k&n cone filter along the side of the head,,it stopped running into the intake side of the turbo.....

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

oh wait this is a second genn ..i'll go look at mine and see what yur deal is ??

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

well just went and looked at my turbo,,wich should be the same turbo as yurs,,and yur either getting oil coming in from the hose that runs from the top of yur oilfilter to the turbo wich obviously lubricates the bearings ,or maybe a dirty intercooler?? i cant see anything else other then moisture build up and soot making a oily black substance collecting there ?? whats yur guys thoughts

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I have the black there also. 1st gen in a ford. I can assure you clean intercooler, and I can assure you leak free, I can almost white glove my block. No leak around the turbo. Its not really oily as it is black sticky dust.... I drive on gravel roads often and chocked it up to that.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

condensate

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Would the difference in air pressure around the intake side cause that?

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

It isn't that urgent. When you find metal fragments in the glove box, it's time.

I've never heard of oil going all the way up the flow tube. Usually a bad seal will go with the air flow. That means you should look in the intake side for oil.

8. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

IMO sounds like bearings r startin to take a crap. check for shaft play. clean everything really good, cai tube, elbow from turbo to intercooler

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smokinya96 View Post
    IMO sounds like bearings r startin to take a crap. check for shaft play. clean everything really good, cai tube, elbow from turbo to intercooler
    He didn't tell us it was on the outside. It was actually a leak at the oil filter blowing back to the turbo housing. I got to see it and it's fixed.

Thanks though

10. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Actually this is not my black dust thread

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast