Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Rear glass

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Rear glass

My rear glass is always filthy, mainly because of the morning condensation flowing to the back and dripping down it. Even after car washes the water runs straight down it and leaves horrible spots that sometimes I just let go because it'll be dripping in the morning again.
    Is there any product that will eliminate this or at least cut down on it?

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Rear glass

Quote Originally Posted by red33811 View Post
    My rear glass is always filthy, mainly because of the morning condensation flowing to the back and dripping down it. Even after car washes the water runs straight down it and leaves horrible spots that sometimes I just let go because it'll be dripping in the morning again.
    Is there any product that will eliminate this or at least cut down on it?

I’ve used rainX on mine before. I guess it depends on where you live whether you have hard or soft water?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks red33811 thanked for this post
    Likes red33811 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I’ve used rainX on mine before. I guess it depends on where you live whether you have hard or soft water?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    That's what I was pulling towards some type of rain-x product.
    I just moved to the Dallas/ft. Worth, tx area so I'm not sure what the water quality is here, but as with most places in Texas the wind blows almost all of the time (I'm from the abilene, tx area so I'm used to it hehe) and the dust then coats the wet dew and compounds the problem.
    Thank you for the suggestion I think that's what I'll try in the morning and see how it does the next couple of days, again thank you very much

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You seem pretty knowledgeable, so since your here already so you have a suggestion for the black plastic trim?
    I bought my truck new in 2016 and the plastic is starting to get that faded look to it. Is there anything that restores the deep black look that won't pick up dust at the same time?

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That's what I was pulling towards some type of rain-x product.
    I just moved to the Dallas/ft. Worth, tx area so I'm not sure what the water quality is here, but as with most places in Texas the wind blows almost all of the time (I'm from the abilene, tx area so I'm used to it hehe) and the dust then coats the wet dew and compounds the problem.
    Thank you for the suggestion I think that's what I'll try in the morning and see how it does the next couple of days, again thank you very much

Your welcome friend! I imagine in Texas it’s just hard keeping a truck clean anyways. LOL

Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You seem pretty knowledgeable, so since your here already so you have a suggestion for the black plastic trim?
    I bought my truck new in 2016 and the plastic is starting to get that faded look to it. Is there anything that restores the deep black look that won't pick up dust at the same time?

I’ve seen a company that sells a plastic/rubber restorer product just for that but I can’t think off hand what the name is. Maybe someone on here could chime in with some suggestions?

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I use Invisible glass for my windows, cuts down on the fogging. Use it on the inside and outside of the windows. For the black plastic I've used 303 aerospace protectant for years.

2019 Ram 3500 Crew Cab CTD Granite Crystal Metallic Clearcoat / Extang Revolution Tonneau / B&H Companion 5th wheel hitch / B&H Tow & Stow / Luverne Rubber mud flaps / UWS Under tonneau tool box
    SOLD: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD Mineral Gray / 2inch HBS Level / HBS Steering Box Brace / 5100 shocks / Carli Track Bar
    Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 295/70/17 / Husky mud flaps / Husky floor mats

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

The fading on the black is not just from the sun and UV. Before you use a restorer. Clean the black with a product that will remove the years of water deposits. Vinegar but will take a few times with a stiff brush. Can't remember if CLR will damage plastic but check that out. Best to apply a restorer if you have sun out and no rain coming it will allow it to penetrate the plastic and absorb.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, red33811 liked this post