Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 2500 ......"problem starting head unit"

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 2500 ......"problem starting head unit"

Latest update as of today......

They finally said it is not my batteries......as I kept telling them it was not. They both passed all tests.

They did replace the Intelligent battery sensor and said it may take up to 6 days to do a complete relearn.

It is going down to below zero tonight just as cold the rest of the week.

I will report back if any progress has been made.

2014 2500 Granite Chrystal Clearcoat, DRD full delete package with the full switch tunes. S&B cold air intake, custom made race pipe with a 6" tip, Headlight Revolution LED v.4s, aftermarket egr delete, fleece fuel filter delete kit.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Well,
    so far it has been two days of relearns and no difference.
    I get the USB screen then the error screen and then it just shuts off.
    Stealership service manager is now involved, and I hear the usual"Chrysler has a set of diagnostics the we must use, it may not even be the head unit"!
    RIGHT!!!!!'

2014 2500 Granite Chrystal Clearcoat, DRD full delete package with the full switch tunes. S&B cold air intake, custom made race pipe with a 6" tip, Headlight Revolution LED v.4s, aftermarket egr delete, fleece fuel filter delete kit.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Man I hate this for you. It blows my mind we put people on different planets but cant fix a radio problem.....Tell them you want a replacement radio - they use refurbished units anyway and use yours as a core. The time and money they are spending diagnosing this is more than the radio costs them.

Even more important YOUR time and money on fuel/wear and tear driving back and forth with no resolution. The radio should be a 20 minute install if the Tech needs to take a bathroom break while doing this.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I fully agree, but Chrysler has a list of things to diagnose first.......as in charging me for something that will not help. In fact the service mgr at the stealership said it may not even be the head unit...LOL...
    so far this is the 6th day of the relea n. It was 39* this morning and it still would not start.
    this is the first time I have ever bought an extended warranty on a used vehicle and I am glad I did.

more to come.....

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Oh, and by the way....I have emailed both the service tech and the service mgr. each day of the weeklong relearn.
    They r telling me to be patient until they have more info.
    And this is from the best dodge service dept in the Lancaster area!

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Just got an email from New Holland Dodge.....they will not reschedule me until they hear back from the Chrysler hotline.
    I requested an eta as to when I may hear from them, but have not received an answer.

12. Likes watersupply189, TexNeck liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Finally, good news! Chrysler has agreed that there is a problem with the head unit and have APPROVED..LOL....a new one for my truck. The stealership is ordering it today.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Got it installed last Friday. Works as it should. This is the RA 3 model without navigation. I did find a fellow who can get me the activation code for Navi. For $200.
    Is it even worth it?

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

thanks for the update....I personally wouldn't pay for the Nav upgrade. I always use my phone if I need GPS. I would determine how much you'd use it and also see how you need to update it

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I just use my phone for GPS.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12