Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 2500 ......"problem starting head unit"

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2014 2500 ......"problem starting head unit"

Been happening any time under 25 degrees. Still under extended warranty. Has anyone else seen this? Think it is time for a replacement.
    It also says... if the problem occurs after a reignition, please see the dealer.

who has time to keep cycling the engine off and on?
    when I get this screen message, radio, controls, camera do not work.

2014 2500 Granite Chrystal Clearcoat, DRD full delete package with the full switch tunes. S&B cold air intake, custom made race pipe with a 6" tip, Headlight Revolution LED v.4s, aftermarket egr delete, fleece fuel filter delete kit.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 2500 ......"problem starting head unit"

Quote Originally Posted by jffbrght View Post
    Been happening any time under 25 degrees. Still under extended warranty. Has anyone else seen this? Think it is time for a replacement.
    It also says... if the problem occurs after a reignition, please see the dealer.

what are you talking about?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Good luck with this!

What radio is it? 5.0 or 8.4?

I have the 5.0 and just left my truck with the dealer for 4 days because the backup camera was not kicking on after the BCM update they did to my truck....they couldn’t fix it and refused to replace the radio and camera on their dime.

Uconnect has a place on their website to enter your vin and it will let you know if there’s an update. This fixed mine for the time being. Update was released in 2017 for mine. You will need to download the files and add them to a flash drive (san disk will not work). Flash drive/usb is in my center console with the aux input and cigarette lighter top compartment

uconnect customer service is just as useless as the dealer I went to...

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Good luck with this!

What radio is it? 5.0 or 8.4?

I have the 5.0 and just left my truck with the dealer for 4 days because the backup camera was not kicking on after the BCM update they did to my truck....they couldn’t fix it and refused to replace the radio and camera on their dime.

Uconnect has a place on their website to enter your vin and it will let you know if there’s an update. This fixed mine for the time being. Update was released in 2017 for mine. You will need to download the files and add them to a flash drive (san disk will not work). Flash drive/usb is in my center console with the aux input and cigarette lighter top compartment

uconnect customer service is just as useless as the dealer I went to...
    Thanks for clearifying that for me Tex. One of the reasons I won't buy a 4th gen. A refurbished 03 is working out quite well for me. I only have problems with the aftermarket radio shutting itself off in cold weather. The only reason I have it is because I have Serius.
    The rest is like the eveready bunny. (Duracel lasts longer)

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

It is the 8.4 screen. It is up to date as far as firmware goes. I even reset it and still happening.

going to the dealer tomorrow.

2014 2500 Granite Chrystal Clearcoat, DRD full delete package with the full switch tunes. S&B cold air intake, custom made race pipe with a 6" tip, Headlight Revolution LED v.4s, aftermarket egr delete, fleece fuel filter delete kit.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

It is the 8.4 screen. It is up to date as far as firmware goes. I even reset it and still happening.

going to the dealer tomorrow.
    Let us know what the outcome is!

@Polarco - that's why I went with 5.0 as well. Too much junk on the radio these days especially driving state to state. A lot of aftermarket do not have a CD player with them either since everything is bluetooth enabled and the ones with CD are actually more money aftermarket. Man I feel old

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Was at the dealer today. No definitive answer. Said it was probably because it only happens at 25 degrees or lower and that is a drain on the batteries. Suggested to plug in the engine block heater and see if that eliminates the problem. Both batteries are only 8 months old.
    It is supposed to be below freezing here for the next week, so we will see.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Was at the dealer today. No definitive answer. Said it was probably because it only happens at 25 degrees or lower and that is a drain on the batteries. Suggested to plug in the engine block heater and see if that eliminates the problem. Both batteries are only 8 months old.
    It is supposed to be below freezing here for the next week, so we will see.

That sounds like a heaping load of crap. Why would plugging in the block heater matter? Your grid heater may not cycle to save some voltage but that’s not going to charge your battery or help your overall voltage with the truck running. In the manual it says block heaters are only needed in sub zero temps to aid starting.

If it were me I would push back...they are just trying to prevent paying to replace the unit

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189, Winks, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    That sounds like a heaping load of crap. Why would plugging in the block heater matter? Your grid heater may not cycle to save some voltage but that’s not going to charge your battery or help your overall voltage with the truck running. In the manual it says block heaters are only needed in sub zero temps to aid starting.

If it were me I would push back...they are just trying to prevent paying to replace the unit
    I agree with this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

If you get the radio running make sure and leave heater control on 'dash-feet'. When dealer 'bricked' mine it was stuck on dash and feet were getting cold this winter. Sent unit to 'Navrepair.com' after purchasing a $130 repair off eBay (that way they shipped back free as opposed to paying both ways off their web-site). Got back quickly and they managed to upload latest software (it was stuck) and now have controls and backup-camera. GPS managed to find itself again but not updating current position. Time is correct now so maybe it's getting better. Ha Ha.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast