Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NITTO RIDGE GRAPPLER INSTALLED

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: NITTO RIDGE GRAPPLER INSTALLED

I won't lie, I have had a past truck that had a nice stack. I was younger. The noise and black soot everywhere finally got to me.
    The long beds definitely look better with a little bit of lift and tires.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Noce looking truck. Ridge grapps and a really good performing and looking tire

4. Thanks DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Couldn't be happier with my Ridge Grapplers. About 12,000 miles no complaints either.

Thuren or Carli you can't go wrong with either. I've got Thuren 2.75"F and 1"R
    W/ Thuren tuned Fox remote reservoir up front and King 2.0 rear. Only because they didn't offer a Fox option for the rear of my truck being a 2500. Since mine is a 2500 compairsions wont be apples to apples to your 3500 but I couldn't be happier. The truck rides way more like a 1/2 ton. Funny my wife actually says it rides a little too soft and floaty now LOL... so I might look to swap in some King 2.5 down the road with a little firmer valving.

I guess the biggest thing on the shocks as you said is to really decide what your real intended use is. From the info I have read the Fox remote or King 2.0 shock are a great shock for something that lives 95% on the road and tows light. But it seems if you push them much off road or tow heavy they have a hard time keeping the fluid cool. So then you would see a big benefit to using a King 2.5 or larger remote shock.

Reading your other suspension post I know your pretty educated on this stuff so im sure at this point it more about what do I want $$$$ vs what will work $$ LOL...
    That is the life long moral battle I strughle with when its time to buy anything. That is where the voice of reason aka (wife) ussally steps in hahaha.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DIESELWRKS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by allbizns View Post
    Couldn't be happier with my Ridge Grapplers. About 12,000 miles no complaints either.

Thuren or Carli you can't go wrong with either. I've got Thuren 2.75"F and 1"R
    W/ Thuren tuned Fox remote reservoir up front and King 2.0 rear. Only because they didn't offer a Fox option for the rear of my truck being a 2500. Since mine is a 2500 compairsions wont be apples to apples to your 3500 but I couldn't be happier. The truck rides way more like a 1/2 ton. Funny my wife actually says it rides a little too soft and floaty now LOL... so I might look to swap in some King 2.5 down the road with a little firmer valving.

I guess the biggest thing on the shocks as you said is to really decide what your real intended use is. From the info I have read the Fox remote or King 2.0 shock are a great shock for something that lives 95% on the road and tows light. But it seems if you push them much off road or tow heavy they have a hard time keeping the fluid cool. So then you would see a big benefit to using a King 2.5 or larger remote shock.

Reading your other suspension post I know your pretty educated on this stuff so im sure at this point it more about what do I want $$$$ vs what will work $$ LOL...
    That is the life long moral battle I strughle with when its time to buy anything. That is where the voice of reason aka (wife) ussally steps in hahaha.

whooo you just said I'm pretty educated.. ha I'm going to frame that. I can say that in all my years and trucks and buying then breaking, breaking and finding the stuff that was solid and performed thousands of miles without failure. The DT pro-fab trac-bars and thuren I had zero issues with for 80k + miles. I never used Carli, Not bashing them because I know Sage at Carli has put lots of R&R on his stuff. I just have experienced a few friends that had joint failures and 1 buddy had issues with leaking Bilsteins from Carli, All was replaced and warrantied and I'm not bashing at all.
    I haven't heard many issues with on the over-heating with the 2.0 kings. I could see a issue with most shocks if I were driving fast over wash outs, ruts, (rough) stuff for long periods of time. Honestly this time of year I do just reg commuting and maybe a BLM service road. spring and summer its usually offroad to get to a fishing, camping or hidden trail spots to ride. I wont really be doing bigger towing until next year when I'm able to get a camper. the coil height I'm still trying to figure out. the 3500 is said to be a inch taller than the 2500. I need to get the nose of the truck a little higher with whatever set up I choose because I will be getting a bumper and winch down the road and this will need to be considered. I do know that I do not need the torsion bar style sway bar set up. I will get the stronger bigger end links tho. I have had Firestone air bags in the past and liked those but those were on 2500's . when its time and I have picked out the camper I will see then if bags would be needed. thanks for the reply

and I'm not talking about this much of a lean.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DIESELWRKS; 01-17-2019 at 04:08 PM. Reason: add pic

Justin

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    whooo you just said I'm pretty educated.. ha I'm going to frame that. I can say that in all my years and trucks and buying then breaking, breaking and finding the stuff that was solid and performed thousands of miles without failure. The DT pro-fab trac-bars and thuren I had zero issues with for 80k + miles. I never used Carli, Not bashing them because I know Sage at Carli has put lots of R&R on his stuff. I just have experienced a few friends that had joint failures and 1 buddy had issues with leaking Bilsteins from Carli, All was replaced and warrantied and I'm not bashing at all.
    I haven't heard many issues with on the over-heating with the 2.0 kings. I could see a issue with most shocks if I were driving fast over wash outs, ruts, (rough) stuff for long periods of time. Honestly this time of year I do just reg commuting and maybe a BLM service road. spring and summer its usually offroad to get to a fishing, camping or hidden trail spots to ride. I wont really be doing bigger towing until next year when I'm able to get a camper. the coil height I'm still trying to figure out. the 3500 is said to be a inch taller than the 2500. I need to get the nose of the truck a little higher with whatever set up I choose because I will be getting a bumper and winch down the road and this will need to be considered. I do know that I do not need the torsion bar style sway bar set up. I will get the stronger bigger end links tho. I have had Firestone air bags in the past and liked those but those were on 2500's . when its time and I have picked out the camper I will see then if bags would be needed. thanks for the reply

and I'm not talking about this much of a lean.
    LOL.... I'm ashamed to be from a state they named that stuff after. They are all over the place down here with their Carolina Squat or crazy offsets.

I ended up putting a .75" spacer in the rear of my truck just to put slight rake back in the truck. Just because when these trucks are level they actually apear to have a slight squat. Purely slight of eye but it drove me crazy LOL..

You are on point about the shock overheating, heavy washboard roads and rough terrain at high speeds is what I was reffering to. I know you guys have alot more places to have hardcore fun out on the west coast.

I know what you mean as far as parts and suppliers go. People often say wow you really know what your doing when it comes to working on some things. I laugh and tell them its not that I so much know what to do, I'm just way better at knowing what not to do from experience hahaha...

Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    ARE Camper Top

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Here are a couple pics of the wheels. Not the best pic but i kept forgetting. I'll do s better full side pic later after the rain. Not sure why pics are sideways
    20190119_110202.jpg20190119_110234.jpg20190119_110242.jpg

Justin

10. Likes allbizns liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

NICE!! Good looking wheel.

ARE Camper Top

12. Thanks DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by allbizns View Post
    NICE!! Good looking wheel.

Thanks man. Is it weird that whenever we get new wheels we stare often from the house window

Justin

14. Likes allbizns liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Thanks man. Is it weird that whenever we get new wheels we stare often from the house window
    Hahaha I know what you mean. Makes you fall in love with them all over. I do mean the truck LOL....

ARE Camper Top

16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

295/70/18 finally got them on. Now will dial in the air pressure.
    Hows the tires doing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast