Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service required see dealer now issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Service required see dealer now issue

I have recently purchase a 2007 Ram 2500 6.7 with 130k miles that is completely deleted, 2nd Gen manifold with I believe a 70 or 75 mm turbo swap, 5" exhaust and tuned. I've owned the truck now for about 3 weeks and absolutely love the truck. I have driven 5.9s at work but this is the first Cummins i have owned.

As of a couple days ago, i have gotten the "service required see dealer now" on the EVIC, but have no performance issues whatsoever. I have tried to reset with brake and gas, but nothing happens. The fuel filter looks newish but may have just been cleaned externally when purchased, and have read that replacing the fuel filter has gotten rid of the message. I have also read pretty much everywhere that everyone tends to go into their tuner and upgrade their tune and that works most the time as well. All I have is a "custom tune" without a tuner, so this is not an option in my case. Also, I'm not sure the condition or age of the CCV filter, or if it's gutted or anything, so not sure if that could be an issue as well.

Any recommendations what to start with to try and get the display to go away. I may just replace fuel filter regardless. As far as the CCV filter, can't decide if I want to gut it regardless or just replace it. The previous owner has at least already installed a breather at the valve cover, but may also extend that with the heater hose down the frame if recommended.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Service required see dealer now issue

Sounds like you are on track- I would replace the fuel filter (just so you know its fresh) and CCV since they are easy to replace. I would replace both erase the code and go on your way

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Went ahead and got my CCV and fuel filter from the Cummins shop down the road during lunch today and replaced the CCV filter only after work. Tried resetting a couple times then and a few more times throughout the night without a reset. Will be replacing the fuel filter when I get back in town next weekend and try again.

Are these issues (CCV and fuel filter) always associated with the "service required contact dealer now" or more typically with the "service require" messages?

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I mean "perform service", not service required....

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I am having the same issue. Only mine looses about 40 percent of its power . Comes on about two after miles after I start driving. Truck runs great up till the evic reads out and the chime goes off. Have all the deletes done for appox 40,000 miles with no issues at all. Replaced fuel and CCV filters. No codes in PCM. I have tried the pedal reset at least a dozen times. Tried erasing codes in the pcm even tho there was none. Took my tuner and put it back to stock and then re downloaded it to tow mode and then even tried performance mode. Which I have never used. Still no luck. Any ideas? I have ran out....

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 07tx6.7 View Post
    I mean "perform service", not service required....
    I am not sure the exact verbiage- it is along the line of "service required" nothing about visiting a dealer I am aware of

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by challenger666 View Post
    I am having the same issue. Only mine looses about 40 percent of its power . Comes on about two after miles after I start driving. Truck runs great up till the evic reads out and the chime goes off. Have all the deletes done for appox 40,000 miles with no issues at all. Replaced fuel and CCV filters. No codes in PCM. I have tried the pedal reset at least a dozen times. Tried erasing codes in the pcm even tho there was none. Took my tuner and put it back to stock and then re downloaded it to tow mode and then even tried performance mode. Which I have never used. Still no luck. Any ideas? I have ran out....
    When you are losing power what is the driving situation? Do you know rail pressure when it happens? Year make and model will help. How many miles total on the truck? Sounds like you are losing rail pressure which would be fuel FCA, Fuel Pump, or CP3 (culprits in that order)

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Normal driving , Lift pump is 8 to10 psi Rail pressure I'm not sure of . Will try to get an answer to that over the weekend. I'm not sure my scanning gives me that. It's a 07.5 3500 dually automatic. I maybe wrong but shouldn't it throw a code for rail pressure? Also seems to happen exactly the same everytime I drive it. Right between 2 or 3 miles

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by challenger666 View Post
    Normal driving , Lift pump is 8 to10 psi Rail pressure I'm not sure of . Will try to get an answer to that over the weekend. I'm not sure my scanning gives me that. It's a 07.5 3500 dually automatic. I maybe wrong but shouldn't it throw a code for rail pressure? Also seems to happen exactly the same everytime I drive it. Right between 2 or 3 miles
    Not necessarily for low pressure. There was just another thread "knock or miss on take off" in the fuel system section where a FCA was bad and the truck had no power with no CEL or anything. RP was about 2k when attempting to accelerate. How many miles on the truck?

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

135,000 So I just tested it appox 5500 at idle around 10,000 at 2800 when the chime goes off it is around 7500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast