Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Service required see dealer now issue

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Service required see dealer now issue

Quote Originally Posted by challenger666 View Post
    135,000 So I just tested it appox 5500 at idle around 10,000 at 2800 when the chime goes off it is around 7500
    Is the wait to start light kicking on with chime?

I knoe on my 06 I had a loose jumper tube and wait to start light would kick on and chime. Have you done any rail pressure work or injectors anything?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

No other lights at all. I recently had a head gasket done. The truck was running fine after that for about 300 miles. i was climbing a steep mountain on the way back and that was when it first acted up.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by challenger666 View Post
    No other lights at all. I recently had a head gasket done. The truck was running fine after that for about 300 miles. i was climbing a steep mountain on the way back and that was when it first acted up.
    I am not sure if they have to pull the fuel lines when they do the head gasket. Mine was similar after I replaced injectors. There was a hill on the way to my work that it would only chime on when climbing.

I retorqued the tubes- number 6 was loose and causing the issue. For the cost of free I’d try to retorque!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I will give that a shot and see what happens. I will post the result. Thanks for the idea

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Well it appears to be fixed. I did what you recommended (Texneck) I climbed up on the front and removed the fuel lines and common rail. All of the tubes were under torqued some as ch much as a 3/4 turn. It's unfortunate that it was this way . I have been an auto tech for over 40 years. I don't like working on Diesels so I thought I would pay a shop that does nothing but that to do my head gasket . So 3600 dollars later and appox 200 miles this is what I got. I called them and told the owner what was going on and he said maybe the regulator spring has gone bad. So i replaced it. Then FCA is not controlling the pressure. So I replaced that. Then all he kept saying was "sounds like the high pressure pump is going" So I said that it never did that before. "well your in the business,you know s$it happens" I guess he is right s&it does happen. But in my defense I would have asked that they bring the car back and let me go over it and see what is happening. I know we are not perfect and we make mistakes. But I think he could have handled it differently. Sorry for the rant. Again a big Thank you to TexNeck for helping me figure this out. Maybe someday I could help you with somthing

6. Likes allbizns, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

My truck started the message and ding a while back too.

I finally bought a blue driver OBD reader and checked it. Had nothing to do with the motor, it always ran good.

The first problem was an open channel on the stereo amplifier. I changed all the speakers and had piece for a few days then it was the brake switch.

Changed that and now its a B1A28 code which is a ECM and skim mismatch.

My factory key broke so I got some aftermarket keys that's probably causing this problem.

I had a cheap code reader that wouldn't pull any codes from the BCM, the bluedriver is really worth the money.

It's not an autel maxisys but definitely worth the money!

James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12