Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Lost my key fob.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Lost my key fob.

I lost my one and only key fob. What is my best and cheapest option. I can buy 2 off amazon that say with push start. My truck doesn’t have push start so not sure about that?? Then I’m guessing have to take it to the dealer to get programmed. Lucky my truck is at my house unlocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Lost my key fob.

I've known someone to use: https://www.keyless-remotes.com/ But they broke theirs and had the 2nd.

Security wise, I'd suggest checking with the dealer on how you can cancel out ALL priors 1st and re establishing the new one(s). Then if the other comes up in the wrong hands, you won'y loose the truck.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Understandable will do

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Lost my key fob.

You have 2 routes you can take

1. Buy new key fobs off some online dealer and take those new keys to the dealer for programming. The way the dealer does it is to wipe out all prior keys and then add only what you have given them at the time of programming.

2. Buy a new win module with 2 new keys from http://www.autotechelectronic.com/wi...-remote-start/

This costs about $599 and requires no trip to the dealer as they program in your VIN before shipping

I just got my module/keys yesterday and it takes no more than 10 mins to swap everything out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangmaniac View Post
    I lost my one and only key fob. What is my best and cheapest option. I can buy 2 off amazon that say with push start. My truck doesn’t have push start so not sure about that?? Then I’m guessing have to take it to the dealer to get programmed. Lucky my truck is at my house unlocked.

Man that sucks good luck getting a new one bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Is there a way I can get my truck in neutral with out the key?? Like the old cars had a little button you pushed no get it in neutral??

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post