Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 05 with bad turbo

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: 05 with bad turbo

Quote Originally Posted by wy4x4 View Post
    Attachment 7482

Headed to the machine shop in the morning.
    The good thing about boring is you can tighten up on the specs a bit. 5.9's were loose from the factory. Not sure on sleeves. I don't know if they come prebored or not. I would think you'd want to bore them after install.

Depending on what you are doing, one or 2 sleeves are't going to matter that much

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Re: 05 with bad turbo

When they install the repair sleeves they have to overbore the cylinder and press in the sleeve, then they hone it. I have used them before with no issues.

But the machine shop did call and the block is going to clear .040, which is a good thing.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123