Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: FASS 95gph or 165gph?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

FASS 95gph or 165gph?

I'm getting a lift pump soon since they are on sale right now. just looking to get some opinions on if i should get the 95gph pump for stock to 600hp or the 165gph pump for modified to 900hp. while im asking questions anyone have experience with the AFE lift pump set-up, do you like it?

Truck right now has the following done:
    Deleted
    MM3 with DRD tuning
    H&S SX-E turbo kit with 69mm inducer (with fueling upgrades good for 700-750hp according to what i've read)

Will be doing injectors eventually..... with the above i think the 165gph pump is what i should get, just looking for second opinions. want to make sure the 165gph will work properly without the injectors done.

Thanks in advance.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: FASS 95gph or 165gph?

Hey man first off I hope you are enjoying the holidays. And yes if you are going to be anywhere close to 600whp then I would definitely go with the 165gph pump (I dont know about you but I hate buying things twice). Now as far as the high flow is concerned there isnt anything to worry about, all this 165gph pump will do is pump more fuel and recirculate the unused fuel back to the tank (it will not shorten the life of the pump by doing so). So with it flowing more fuel back to the tank you will have cleaner and cooler fuel going to the engine as the fass system filters to 3 microns and air out of the system over the factory 5 micron. Not sure who you are ordering from but Clayton over at Dude's Diesel Performance is my go to guy for any parts I need on my truck.

Hope this helps you out and have a Merry Christmas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

3. Likes walla2k5, Mcdowell11290 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Merry Christmas friend! Thank you for the response, i agree (definitely wouldn't want to buy parts twice, which is the main reason i posted on here before pulling the trigger). i acutally went to the local shop i deal with today and purchased the 165gph pump and a sump. The shop i go to always hooks me up with a sweet deal. Got the pump and sump including install for $1,030 out the door.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Damn man that is one hell of a deal. Glad I could help as I learn new things i like to share where I can. Did you get it installed yet? I have my 165gph pump but havent installed yet. Im wondering if you can actually tell a difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

6. Likes Mcdowell11290 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I haven’t got it installed yet. Probably won’t be for a couple of weeks due to the holidays. I will let you know if there is any noticeable difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk