Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: EZ Lynk Connection Issues

1. Top Of Page | #1

EZ Lynk Connection Issues

Just recently installed an EZ Lynk with HPP tunes in my ‘16 2500. In the week that I have had the EZ hooked up, I have only been able to connect to it twice without having to unplug the unit completely. I’ve tried connecting to the GDP monitor, an iPhone, and an iPad all three have connection issues. It seems like this is a pretty common issue, just wondering if there are any solutions. Thanks.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: EZ Lynk Connection Issues

I've had the same problems for 9 months. I sent it back for warranty and was told it was fine and they sent me a new one anyways. Plugged it in and still had the same problems. Finally called again and was given the solution.
    P.S. it's only good if you have a device your gonna use as perm or semi-perm gauges.

1 .Disconnect it all and disconnect the unlock cable from the USB (keep it plugged in the engine bay)
    2. turn off your truck and remove your key
    3. Turn your truck back on and give the system a minute to boot.
    4.place your device on airplane mode but keep the WiFi on. It'll have to stay this way or it'll drop the connection
    5.plug the obd cable in to the truck and it should connect right up.

The support guy over the phone told me he's seen the unlock cable cause interference sounds weird to me, but I keep it unplugged at the USB and only plug it in if I want to change tunes. It don't think it should operate this way with all the money we spent on it but it's the only solution that worked for me. Good luck I hope this works for you.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Re: EZ Lynk Connection Issues

Thanks for the reply... I agree, when you pay good money for something you shouldn’t have to worry about issues like these. With that being said, I left the unit unplugged over night and have only had one connection failure since. I have a dedicated iPad that I use so if I continue to have these issues, I will give your fix a try. Thanks again brotha, have a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post