Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Head light aim

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Head light aim

Hello all,
    i recentyly put a Thuren leveling kit on my truck and the headlights seem to make people flash me. Before I burn any more retinas out showing them what hi beams actually look like, is there a way to lower the headlight aim?

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Head light aim

to the forum @Oilfield truth

What year and model truck you got there ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It’s a 2017 ram Laramie

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

1. The vertical adjustment screw for each headlamp is accessible through a hole located in a raised rectangular formation (2), with a raised arrow pointing to it. These features are stamped into the sheet metal of each front fender (1) ledge near the front of the vehicle.
    2. Turn the headlamps ON and select the LOW beams.
    3. Rotate the headlamp vertical adjustment screw (2) on the back of each front lamp unit (1) to adjust the beam height as required. The images below depicts proper call outs for this step.

2013, if it helps...

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

7. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

To help with your aim pull up to a wall (garage door or building) try and be close enough you are able to see the top line of your beams. About 10 feet should be goodMark ithe top of the beam with painters tape so you have a starting reference point on the wall. You may even want to mark your front tires in case you want to come back.

make your adjustment down- you probably won’t need much so just an inch or two down is where I would start. Drive it and make sure it looks good on your end. If you need to adjust after you have your lines to get the truck back in position - good luck!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info and help.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

1. The vertical adjustment screw for each headlamp is accessible through a hole located in a raised rectangular formation (2), with a raised arrow pointing to it. These features are stamped into the sheet metal of each front fender (1) ledge near the front of the vehicle.
    2. Turn the headlamps ON and select the LOW beams.
    3. Rotate the headlamp vertical adjustment screw (2) on the back of each front lamp unit (1) to adjust the beam height as required. The images below depict proper call outs for this step.

2013, if it helps...

Sorry, picture removed. Must have been able to access my All Data account through it.

Last edited by walla2k5; 12-23-2018 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Picture removed
    2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

11. Likes Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oilfield truth View Post
    Hello all,
    i recentyly put a Thuren leveling kit on my truck and the headlights seem to make people flash me. Before I burn any more retinas out showing them what hi beams actually look like, is there a way to lower the headlight aim?
    It's a star bit on top of the headlights accessed from the little plastic port inside the wheel well. Turn it left loosy to lower it. You will need the bit (I think #20 but may be #15) a 1/4 ratchet helps. I can't rember if I needed the 4" extension

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

13. Thanks 25-06 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Exactly, feel in front over the light towards the center of the light for the star bolt/scew head
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    It's a star bit on top of the headlights accessed from the little plastic port inside the wheel well. Turn it left loosy to lower it. You will need the bit (I think #20 but may be #15) a 1/4 ratchet helps. I can't rember if I needed the 4" extension

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Daniel Stern is a well known and respected automotive lighting expert. If you want some great info and directions to do a pro level headlight adjustment, go to his site.

www.danielsternlighting.com