Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: RaceMe Ultra VS MM3

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceMe Ultra VS MM3

Hello all,

I decided to join the community because of the vast knowledge and politeness of this group. No one has started a VS thread for RaceMe and MM3 as these are the two tuning products that I have decided to try and find the Pro's/Con's for my future tuning needs. I am not planning to go crazy with mods but am looking for ease of swapping between a good towing tune and daily driving with performance, an increase in fuel mileage would be great.

My rig is a 2010 Ram 2500 Mega Cab. this winter or spring I will be doing a full EGR/DPF delete and installing a 4" SS turbo back. I don't haul heavy loads often the most I will haul is 12K-15K Lbs. After the earlier stated deletes the only other mods I might make would be larger injectors if needed, CAI, and I have been toying with the idea of a compound turbo setup.

Any and all information is given will be greatly appreciated and thank you all in advance.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceMe Ultra VS MM3

Quote Originally Posted by Centurions424 View Post
    Hello all,

I decided to join the community because of the vast knowledge and politeness of this group. No one has started a VS thread for RaceMe and MM3 as these are the two tuning products that I have decided to try and find the Pro's/Con's for my future tuning needs. I am not planning to go crazy with mods but am looking for ease of swapping between a good towing tune and daily driving with performance, an increase in fuel mileage would be great.

My rig is a 2010 Ram 2500 Mega Cab. this winter or spring I will be doing a full EGR/DPF delete and installing a 4" SS turbo back. I don't haul heavy loads often the most I will haul is 12K-15K Lbs. After the earlier stated deletes the only other mods I might make would be larger injectors if needed, CAI, and I have been toying with the idea of a compound turbo setup.

Any and all information is given will be greatly appreciated and thank you all in advance.
    The RaceMe comes with "box" tunes, basically, a one size fits all tune, the MM3 requires custom tuning. Otherwise, I believe they are the same basic tuner. Not sure how the pricing compares but if you plan on custom tuning the MM3 is probably the best bet.
    I've had a RaceMe on my 2011 for about 3 years and I really like it. When I deleted the MM3 was not available. The box tunes work well and my fuel mileage did improve some but not anything crazy. It shifts better than stock but it's still not great and it sounds like custom tuning can make it a lot better.

I purchased my RaceMe from Double R Diesel and Ray was really great to work with, spent quite a while on the phone answering questions for me. His website has a lot of really good info on the MM3 faq page and he seems to be the best guy to go to for custom tuning. He offers some pretty good discounts if you're a platinum member as well. Check out his site and the DDR page under the vendor forum, lots of good info.

Eventually, I'm going to get custom tunes from him for my RaceMe, but the box tunes work good enough for now.
    Hope this helps

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DPF delete pipe, EGR delete. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...

3. Thanks Centurions424, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

bump

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Bumping this for OP because I have questions as well.

3-4 years ago when I had my RaceMe Ultra, it was the way to go on these trucks in terms of out of box capability. Of course the Smarty Touch & MM3 came along and things changed.
    RaceMe product support (not referring to vendors) is absolute trash because the owner is not in the United States. Additionally, RaceMe Canada seems to do whatever they want (VIN Unlock from RaceMe Canada is ~$100 to RaceMe Officials ~$500...which I see both are now $150).

My question is, what happened with RaceMe and why has the MM3 taken precedence? Is there a tuning difference between the two? I'm pretty well versed in the Ultra, but not so much with the MM3.

My 5th gen drops in July and tuning should be available in the Fall (RaceMe already says the Ultra is 2019 capable) so I'd like to understand why one over the other.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Bumping this for OP because I have questions as well.

3-4 years ago when I had my RaceMe Ultra, it was the way to go on these trucks in terms of out of box capability. Of course the Smarty Touch & MM3 came along and things changed.
    RaceMe product support (not referring to vendors) is absolute trash because the owner is not in the United States. Additionally, RaceMe Canada seems to do whatever they want (VIN Unlock from RaceMe Canada is ~$100 to RaceMe Officials ~$500...which I see both are now $150).

My question is, what happened with RaceMe and why has the MM3 taken precedence? Is there a tuning difference between the two? I'm pretty well versed in the Ultra, but not so much with the MM3.

My 5th gen drops in July and tuning should be available in the Fall (RaceMe already says the Ultra is 2019 capable) so I'd like to understand why one over the other.
    DRD stopped selling them because the box tuning causes a ton of issues with the trucks.

It has a horrible trans tuning and causes turbo surging and support is 0%.

The MM3 is based in the USA and DRD supports it 100% and in our opinion the best out there for tuning.

Just our 2cents,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    DRD stopped selling them because the box tuning causes a ton of issues with the trucks.

It has a horrible trans tuning and causes turbo surging and support is 0%.

The MM3 is based in the USA and DRD supports it 100% and in our opinion the best out there for tuning.

Just our 2cents,
    igotacummins
    Appreciate the feedback, thats exactly what I was looking for. I know that the box tuning on the Ultra is garbage. I didn't know if that applied to WARP as well and if the MM3 offered better tuning capabilities. I know that DRD and I had a hell of a time getting my transmission in my 4th gen to behave.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

What I am finding out is that with MM3 you can tune an unlimited amount of trucks.

Also, when you return the truck back to stock it will unlock the VIN.

The RaceME Ultra does not unlock the VIN when you uninstall it. So you can tune a max of 4 trucks and then its a paper weight.

Doesn't make sense to do this. RaceME needs to fix this.

I contacted Raceme to confirm the 4 VIN max and not unlocking after uninstall.

MM3 is the way to go.

You will have to tune your vehicle yourself or buy tunes though since there are no tunes on the device.