Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 03 3500 4x4 jerks when coming to a stop

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 03 3500 4x4 jerks when coming to a stop

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    Have you pulled codes? On your year of truck you can do the 3 key cycle and get the codes onyour dash where the odometer is. Do youknow how to do the 3 key cycle to do this.
    You haven’t had any ABS lights go on correct? Is this doing this in 2wd only? You can drive in 4wd and see if having powerto the front shaft minimizes anything, if it does remove front shaft completely and then drive. The front double/Cardan Joint on the shaftscan cause some weird issues. The jerking you said is it felt also throughthe steering wheel or more like your butt and body getting
    Shimmied around. Someof the early 03’s didn’t they still have the same vacuum pump/steering pumpsystem as the 2nd gen trucks? Oh man I’m trying to remember and thinking if there was a issue
    Correlated with this and tranny. Like some of the vacuum lines were not hookedup right after new tranny and it caused issue like this. Alsoyour 03 has a APPS. With the new tranny I have heard of peoplegetting a new tranny and they have issues with the APPS creating false voltagereadings in the APPS/TPS circuit and this causes lock up torque converters torapidly cycle on and off as you drive.
    So the APPS sends these harmful RF’s that causeinterference. They make these cummins APPSTPS noise isolator a RF shield. I have seen this more when someone gets a newtransmission. Well food forthought.
    No codes on my smarty or from a shops scanner I have an abs light that comes and goes and it has since I got the truck, it is just as bad in 4wd as it is in 2wd, and it's the whole truck not threw the steering wheel, I did the trans swap myself and there were not any vaccum lines at all(I have a later 03 with the 48re not the 47) and imma check the front end really well and make sure my trans cooler isn't clogged and change my vss (seen both as a possible culprits on other forums) and then look into the apps as you said if neither of those help thanks

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: 03 3500 4x4 jerks when coming to a stop

Copy, Good luck bud, nothing worse than chasing things like this. keep us posted and I will watch this thread. Merry Christmas

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12