Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 03 3500 4x4 jerks when coming to a stop

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

03 3500 4x4 jerks when coming to a stop

The truck jerks very hard when braking at 10 mph or slower it has a brand new trans and t/c and fresh u-joints in the rear driveshaft, when the truck started this I noticed bad rear ujoints so I replaced them and the hanger bearing which helped alittle but didn't stop it and then my trans **** out I have a new trans in it but it still does it and I'm honestly scared to drive it, I've opened both diffs, and everything looks good, and all brakes are working good as far as I can tell and front shaft ujoints are good
    any help would be appreciated I'm at a loss here thanks in advance

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 03 3500 4x4 jerks when coming to a stop

Quote Originally Posted by Swampboy_99 View Post
    The truck jerks very hard when braking at 10 mph or slower it has a brand new trans and t/c and fresh u-joints in the rear driveshaft, when the truck started this I noticed bad rear ujoints so I replaced them and the hanger bearing which helped alittle but didn't stop it and then my trans **** out I have a new trans in it but it still does it and I'm honestly scared to drive it, I've opened both diffs, and everything looks good, and all brakes are working good as far as I can tell and front shaft ujoints are good
    MMMM Sounds like the converter is releasing late. I have the same thing with my BD torqloc set at 25 MPH. It's either a valve problem or the solonoid pack is bad. That's my knee jerk thought and educated guess

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

BTW, I know the 48RE very well. I've done several myself. I have that in my 03 3500 too. The boys will tell you how dumb I am. LOL

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

WELCOME

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    WELCOME
    Yup dont listen to polarco. LOL just kidding. Hes only a human truck service manual that needs to start charging 89.95 for every lead of information that results in a fix LOL

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Likes walla2k5, F350Cummins liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Yup dont listen to polarco. LOL just kidding. Hes only a human truck service manual that needs to start charging 89.95 for every lead of information that results in a fix LOL
    That was nice. Thank you

I'd kiss you, but I won't be down there until spring

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    MMMM Sounds like the converter is releasing late. I have the same thing with my BD torqloc set at 25 MPH. It's either a valve problem or the solonoid pack is bad. That's my knee jerk thought and educated guess
    What would make the converter release late i have a brand new suncoast converter and the trans was just rebuilt by Randy's transmission it did it before and after the rebuild and new converter.

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I drove the truck again and to me it seems like something may be binding up in the front end so plan is to put her on jacks and check everything inside and out of her front end

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I drove the truck again and to me it seems like something may be binding up in the front end so plan is to put her on jacks and check everything inside and out of her front end
    Can't help you then. Take it back.

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Have you pulled codes? On your year of truck you can do the 3 key cycle and get the codes onyour dash where the odometer is. Do youknow how to do the 3 key cycle to do this.
    You haven’t had any ABS lights go on correct? Is this doing this in 2wd only? You can drive in 4wd and see if having powerto the front shaft minimizes anything, if it does remove front shaft completely and then drive. The front double/Cardan Joint on the shaftscan cause some weird issues. The jerking you said is it felt also throughthe steering wheel or more like your butt and body getting
    Shimmied around. Someof the early 03’s didn’t they still have the same vacuum pump/steering pumpsystem as the 2nd gen trucks? Oh man I’m trying to remember and thinking if there was a issue
    Correlated with this and tranny. Like some of the vacuum lines were not hookedup right after new tranny and it caused issue like this. Alsoyour 03 has a APPS. With the new tranny I have heard of peoplegetting a new tranny and they have issues with the APPS creating false voltagereadings in the APPS/TPS circuit and this causes lock up torque converters torapidly cycle on and off as you drive.
    So the APPS sends these harmful RF’s that causeinterference. They make these cummins APPSTPS noise isolator a RF shield. I have seen this more when someone gets a newtransmission. Well food forthought.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast