Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Varying Fuel Pressure

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Varying Fuel Pressure

Good evening all!

I swapped FCAs, The new one hung at 22000 psi after a hard acceleration and jumped around from 2700-4700psi on the rail. The old one didn't do that so I swapped back, now I have a P0254 injection metering control A High. That's a Shorted out FCA? Or did the "New" FCA just fry something important?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Varying Fuel Pressure

Someone will jump in soon .. just wanted to you to the forum @Razor7731

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

thank you! I plugged the "new" FCA, the HIGH circuit went away. So the old one was both mechanically and electrically bad, And the new one is just a dud. I appreciate the response. So I have a new one being over-nighted, Looking to go on leave and need a working truck LOL.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

New FCA fixed the issue, More stable rail pressures as well.

5. Likes TexNeck liked this post