Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MM3 EGR/Less tuning from DRD thread.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 EGR/Less tuning from DRD thread.

I'm new to the forum , not to cummins well I'm new to 6.7 and 4th gen. I ordered through DRD MM3 egr/less tuning and will be here in a few days. I plan on updating this thread on my experience from package , install to final conception.
    I have a s&b intake in the box waiting to install.
    I have Nitto ridge grapplers 295/70/18 waiting to install. I had tree fall on my house last Friday so that has taken most of my time and
    soon my money..

Justin
    Oregon (the republican part)

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 EGR/Less tuning from DRD thread.

Nice, looking forward to reading about your experiences.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Please keep us posted. I’m also in Oregon and interested in doing the same egrless tuning from DRD

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It has arrived!

Been busy with the tree that hit my house and rain. So it will be installed soon I hope. I do have some questions. Been watching all of the videos. However, I have some questions because of how my brain works.

I will post those when I have more time.

Btw the bench made knife was not part of the MM3 package.

Last edited by DIESELWRKS; 12-23-2018 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Correction
    2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

8. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I think you’re going to love it. I also had a couple of specific questions while doing my install. I wasted my time doing internet searches trying to find the answers myself. Finally emailed DRD and got a reply quickly. Ray has made a ton of different videos that cover almost every situation so he only had to send me the link to the correct video and I was off and running. Good luck with getting your house fixed.

2016 3500 Laramie Mega DRW Aisin 3.73

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

This is frustrating, I guess it’s my Govt, Work computer Iwill try and do a comment to a thread and type a lot and then it will begone. I try and hit restore saved msgand then there is still nothing.
    I guess I need to type it my outlook and then copy it over.
    So my questions or what I was looking for. Is there a schematic layout showing how the wires and boxes etc are layed out and connected. I saw his video on what you get in the package but doesn’t really show it.
    On the access panel for the J1939 connector, Can I drill a hole through the access panel with it still in the truck or do I need to remove it.
    Pictures underneath the dash. How or where is the best place the Comm boxis getting zip tied. Also there was no explanationon how the wires get feed up the A-pillar or door seal? I’m using the suction cup for now. I will be using a RAM Mount in future. So I have watched conflicting videos or msg’s . My tuner has come with the tunes on the truck. I know I need to copy /create a stock file. So am I making this stock file for myself only?
    Do I need to still email Ray this File? Because my tuning is already on the tuner andI thought that they only need my stock file before the old way when he would mail the tuning.
    My brain works and see’s things from a different angle. My background in the Marines was a CombatEngineer , EOD.
    If I need to I could get my sand box out and make a terrain/model in the sand with rally points and objective being for the truck to start.

Justin

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    This is frustrating, I guess it’s my Govt, Work computer Iwill try and do a comment to a thread and type a lot and then it will begone. I try and hit restore saved msgand then there is still nothing.
    So my questions or what I was looking for. Is there a schematic layout showing how the wires and boxes etc are layed out and connected. I saw his video on what you get in the package but doesn’t really show it.
    On the access panel for the J1939 connector, Can I drill a hole through the access panel with it still in the truck or do I need to remove it.
    Pictures underneath the dash. How or where is the best place the Comm boxis getting zip tied. Also there was no explanationon how the wires get feed up the A-pillar or door seal? I’m using the suction cup for now. I will be using a RAM Mount in future. So I have watched conflicting videos or msg’s . My tuner has come with the tunes on the truck. I know I need to copy /create a stock file. So am I making this stock file for myself only?
    Do I need to still email Ray this File? Because my tuning is already on the tuner andI thought that they only need my stock file before the old way when he would mail the tuning.
    My brain works and see’s things from a different angle. My background in the Marines was a CombatEngineer , EOD.
    If I need to I could get my sand box out and make a terrain/model in the sand with rally points and objective being for the truck to start.
    With all those technical questions I suggest emailing Ray and he will take care of you

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post

God Bless and Thank You for your Service

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

ray has a video shows how to put together also cable that goes through firewall i just went through rubber seal for i think its brake cable just made little slit in rubber was very easy i already had wires for amp steps in other plastic plate i didnt want to take a chance at nicking them with drill

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

thanks for that info. I had seen his video showing how its set up. but was looking for one showing it in place under the dash. etc. All good stuff. I haven't really had the time to dig into this with dealing with the tree damage and trying to get contractors to show for estimates. I'm sure I'm over thinking the install. thanks and Merry Christmas God Bless.

Justin

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast