Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muffler Options

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Muffler Options

Looking for some recommendations on a different muffler to try to quiet truck down a little bit. Just recently did full delete on my 2016 2500. Was given a 4" MBRP race pipe with muffler to use, love the sound but the drone is move than I expected and would like to quiet it down while driving and to minimize waking up the neighbors when I leave for work. Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Muffler Options

Quote Originally Posted by Kajunbullet11 View Post
    Looking for some recommendations on a different muffler to try to quiet truck down a little bit. Just recently did full delete on my 2016 2500. Was given a 4" MBRP race pipe with muffler to use, love the sound but the drone is move than I expected and would like to quiet it down while driving and to minimize waking up the neighbors when I leave for work. Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Im running 30'' FTE resonator right after the down pipe and its right for me. Zero drone- Turbo screams with Rays VGT tune but no noise in cab.....12v tune gives me some noise in cab when I want it

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Flo-Pro makes a good muffler, I don't have any cab drone, but still a throaty sound.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Went ahead and ordered the 30” fte resonator. Gonna give that a try and see how it does.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Went ahead and ordered the 30” fte resonator. Gonna give that a try and see how it does.
    Hopefully you like it! I tried to load a video clip of mine but couldn’t get it to work

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Just finished installing the 30” resonator. Tested decibels by tailpipe on start up before and after. Before was 100db at idle and after was 91db. Doesn’t sound like much but it made a world of difference. Zero cab drone and still sounds great. I am very pleased with adding the resonator.

12. Likes walla2k5, TexNeck liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Just finished installing the 30” resonator. Tested decibels by tailpipe on start up before and after. Before was 100db at idle and after was 91db. Doesn’t sound like much but it made a world of difference. Zero cab drone and still sounds great. I am very pleased with adding the resonator.
    Just as a point of reference, we ask you try to buy from our sponsering vendors first. These guys have to pay to be here, and we need to feed them. It's OK, but the next time, please look at our venders first. The proces are the same, but you get more personalized treatment

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Likes watersupply189, TexNeck liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I bought the MBRP 4" race pipe and muffler when I deleted my truck. The in-cab drone was terrible. Just bought a 4" Diamond Eye muffler delete pipe for $30. The cab is actually quieter with the truck straight piped, than with the muffler installed. If you're still running the stock VGT, your truck won't be as loud as you think. At idle, that turbo makes the truck sound like the exhaust is stuffed with cotton *****.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

new member,
    just used the search box for a good muffler. Looks like I may try the FTE also.
    Just bought deletes on Ebay as a package ,before I found this site, with muffler included but it is a joke. Literally came in a box that would only hold one size 11 shoe.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

HAHA, had to laugh, just did a search on the FTE resonator... and apparently that is what they sold me. Just the shorter version of it.

So, before I spend another 120 bucks on my exhaust, do you think the longer one will make the truck significantly quieter?

My truck is OK below 2k rpms on highway but around 2k there is an awful drone, and that is right where the truck is at when towng.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast