Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muffler Options

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Muffler Options

Quote Originally Posted by racnruss View Post
    HAHA, had to laugh, just did a search on the FTE resonator... and apparently that is what they sold me. Just the shorter version of it.

So, before I spend another 120 bucks on my exhaust, do you think the longer one will make the truck significantly quieter?

My truck is OK below 2k rpms on highway but around 2k there is an awful drone, and that is right where the truck is at when towng.

Thats funny- the shorter version will still kill the drone from what I have read but the volume at idle and overall will be a bit louder than the 30. Depending how quite you want it I would give it a shot if it will fit in without having to hack anything

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Muffler Options

Well,
    Just an update for anyone who may be interested.

I purchased a 30 inch stainless muffler (actual muffler) straight through design, 8 inch outside diameter, and put it in upstream of the short FTE resonator.

So, my truck has both installed now. Still sounds good but definitely quieter.

This is probably as quiet as it can ever be. I have stock airbox too. So as to keep intake noise down.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, TexNeck, Power247 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12