Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Saw a vid - 37s w/ just the level kit

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Saw a vid - 37s w/ just the level kit

Has anyone done this?

I saw this video below and was intrigued. I use my 4x4 about once or twice a month and I was thinking something bigger would be nice for my long truck. We have an off road park 11 miles away and like to spend weekends there. I was thinking I could just have some tires as a spare set for the weekends.

I have a 2012 and don't want a lift for many reasons, including towing often. I'm also more of a sleeper truck/car type person for many reasons. I could always add bags in the back to help with towing sag if I level it.

So can 2012 do this 37s w a level kit mod as well? I plan on trimming the plastic and pinch welds. I do know I will need a positive offset to avoid rubbing the passenger side arm, just below the frame. I have read that people do this with 35s, but I'm surprised he could do it with 37s. I'd prefer not to trim metal and I'm okay with using a very large socket&wrenck to roll back a little metal like w race cars if I need to with that tab sticking out at the bottom.

I see Ironman only makes that guys' 17" 37s in 12.5 so I'll stick with narrow 37s. so now I just need to find the offset he used.

I guess I'm just seeing how many people have done this.

37s w/ a leveling kit:

The tires and wheels (jump to around 6 min):

UPDATE:
    Thuren says the stock is +44mm offset and at +18 to +25 you can fit 37s with their arms, a little trimming of the plastic and maybe some of the metal rocker seam. For trucks with anywhere from zero to a 3 inch lift which is a pretty broad difference.

Their site says -With our high-clearance control arms....... You can fit 35x12.5 on stock wheels with no rub, and 37's on stock wheels with slight rub on the upper arm. With +18mm wheels and 37's you will need to trim the fender liner for sure, and maybe even a bit of the metal rocker seam, but zero arm rub and you'll have what we consider to be great clearance.

With our Alien long arms, 0.00mm offset wheels clear 37"x13.5" wide tires the best, but +18mm can work also with just light rub on the upper arms at full lock turning.

I'm still waiting to hear back if you can do it stock or w a level kit.

https://www.thurenfabrication.com/te...l-fitment.html

-4 offset with 37s on a stock power wagon:

I saw this guys video and it got me thinking. What if you took out the plastic Fender cut the pinch weld then reinstall the liner and heated it up with a heat gun and just pushed it back to the pinch weld like a Kydex holster worst case scenario you have to cut it out best case scenario you have more mudguard with the melted/bent plastic. I think Power wagons have a 2-inch lift so a level kit would be about the same. As for the back, I'm not sure.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Saw a vid - 37s w/ just the level kit

I've seen a few on 37" with just a level and it looks sweet. Especially on mega cabs and long beds.

The info you found on Thuren's site is about as good as it gets. The greater the negative offset from stock the less issue with rubbing on control arms but the more contact with the body.

Adding a level kit actually positions the front axle closer to the body as it lifts. Adding extended/high clearance arms will correct that giving you the best fitment.

Can't wait to see it when your done

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Saw a vid - 37s w/ just the level kit

Have you run those Ironman tires before? Seems the 37's have poor reviews on the heavier trucks. Not sure if people just are not running the right pressures or what, they are a load range D in the 37's. Curious because I was going to try there 275/70R18 10 ply.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post