Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milestar Patagonia MT

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Milestar Patagonia MT

So I just wanted to give a quick review of this tire. First and foremost I bought these with my own money. I have only had them for a couple weeks and have racked up a little over 500 miles on them so far. I am not a professional reviewer by any means and another forum did not like the way i wrote my last one so I will try to do this one a little differently.

I looked all over the web and I found very few people that have reviewed these tires except for a few in the Jeep community. The few I did find however did speak very highly of them. I purchased the 35x12.5r20 and I am running them on Sota Rims with a +18 offset on my stock 2016 Ram Limited Megacab. I have read that this is a rough riding setup but I have to say they ride better than the tires that came stock, thats for sure. Below are a few specs on them from the website and what I have found.

- 35x12.5r20
    - 125Q
    - F/12
    - 19.0/32" Tread depth
    - 34.80 inches tall when mounted on a 10" rim
    - 72.30 pounds total weight

I have ran a few other MT's on other trucks but this is the first time on this truck. It seems like the Toyo MT is the gold standard but dang those things are expensive. I got what I feel is a screaming deal for four new rims and tires for $2,000 and decided to take the plunge. I don't want to violate any rules so I will not go into where in this format.

I have a trip to Alabama planned here soon and after that it should be time for my first rotation after that I will measure the tread to see how they are holding up so far.

I just want to get a conversation started up about these tires and I am willing to answer any questions you have, just ask.

Thanks have a good day.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Milestar Patagonia MT

Interesting. I have never heard of anyone running that brand of tire on anything other than a trailer.

I have had experience with ultra cheap tires on a pickup before and they actually did reasonably well.
    The ones I had were some other brand. An offshoot of Hercules tires I believe. They were called Unicorn or something like that.

I got about 30k miles before they were toast. They came on a 2007 Duramax truck I had purchased used. Never had a flat, they towed fine. I would buy another set if in a pinch for cash.

4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

1st, we don't care much of other sites, since we are more civil here to everyone.
    If you want to do a product review, go ahead. Everyone wants an honest opinion of new or unknown products.
    Just give it your best.

Never heard of these and plan on researching into it.

Main thing I'd like to hear is the mileage you plan to do round trip, pulling a load or running empty, under these conditions your prior and now mpg's plus vehicle response, and your review when you return.

The best review is a truthful review of an actual owner. Have a safe trip.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have every intention of moving up to a 37" later but of course I feel other mods will be required before I do that like gears and a lift. The interesting factor on the 37x12.5r20 was that they are a few pounds lighter than the 35". Currently I am running the stock 3.42's and honestly I don't feel a huge difference, but there is a difference in the off the line power of the truck. Don't laugh but I have only towed once with this truck and that was only about 5-6,000 lbs so that really is not much of a workout for this truck from what I am learning. Currently I am running my tires at 65 psi which was what I had the pressure at prior to the switch. I need to get the computer readjusted to the new tire size but by the calculation on the lieometer I have lost exactly 0.8 mpg since adding them but that is city traffic in San Antonio. The trip I have planned for Alabama will be just over 1000 miles each way with about 500 lbs of crap for the kids and then me, my wife and our kids. I will hand calculate the numbers to verify and compare them to what I typically get when doing this drive. I am not going to lie I typically do 80-85 and right after getting these on I hit an open stretch of highway and got the truck up to right @100 which is of course off a little as well since the tire changed. This is of course faster than they are rated for and I only did it for a short period of time but they rolled smooth and honestly I have to agree with everyone else that said they are pretty quiet. The Toyo MT on my old F150 were definitely louder than these IMO.

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

This is a picture of one mounted on a Jeep of course but I will try to load a few better pics.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HMC4Life View Post
    So I just wanted to give a quick review of this tire. First and foremost I bought these with my own money. I have only had them for a couple weeks and have racked up a little over 500 miles on them so far. I am not a professional reviewer by any means and another forum did not like the way i wrote my last one so I will try to do this one a little differently.

I looked all over the web and I found very few people that have reviewed these tires except for a few in the Jeep community. The few I did find however did speak very highly of them. I purchased the 35x12.5r20 and I am running them on Sota Rims with a +18 offset on my stock 2016 Ram Limited Megacab. I have read that this is a rough riding setup but I have to say they ride better than the tires that came stock, thats for sure. Below are a few specs on them from the website and what I have found.

- 35x12.5r20
    - 125Q
    - F/12
    - 19.0/32" Tread depth

I have ran a few other MT's on other trucks but this is the first time on this truck. It seems like the Toyo MT is the gold standard but dang those things are expensive. I got what I feel is a screaming deal for four new rims and tires for $2,000 and decided to take the plunge. I don't want to violate any rules so I will not go into where in this format.

I have a trip to Alabama planned here soon and after that it should be time for my first rotation after that I will measure the tread to see how they are holding up so far.

I just want to get a conversation started up about these tires and I am willing to answer any questions you have, just ask.

Thanks have a good day.
    I would be curious to see how they do after 10k miles and how even they wear without having to rotate them every 2k miles to keep them right. The tread pattern is pretty good. Looks like they may chop on the shoulders by design and being a cheaper tire. Hopefully they do good for you.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

13. Likes HMC4Life liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HMC4Life View Post

- 35x12.5r20
    - 125Q
    - F/12
    - 19.0/32" Tread depth

Thanks have a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    1st, we don't care much of other sites, since we are more civil here to everyone.
    If you want to do a product review, go ahead. Everyone wants an honest opinion of new or unknown products.
    Just give it your best.

Never heard of these and plan on researching into it.

Main thing I'd like to hear is the mileage you plan to do round trip, pulling a load or running empty, under these conditions your prior and now mpg's plus vehicle response, and your review when you return.

The best review is a truthful review of an actual owner. Have a safe trip.
    As much as this hurts, I agree with the old man. LOL Jim is a great man. Someday we're going to meet. We get rid of the trouble makers pretty quick. As long as you are civil you can express opinions. Unlike the Dark Side where you have gangs. Jim can tell you I get in trouble with the boss because I fire those guys before he give his 2 cents. But he also knows I was right. We're a close group.

The way we do things is take it off the forum and talk with you one on one. The rest of the member don't need to see the dirty laundry.

Review away with confidence you'll be treated fairly.. BTW. No question is stupid either. Carry on

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

15. Top Of Page | #10
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I like what I seen on their website.
    Waiting on the review.
    Could consider for my next set.
    Not into the MT's, but the AT's are to consider for me.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

16. Likes walla2k5, HMC4Life liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast