Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Fuel filter canister

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel filter canister

My fuel heater on the fuel filter canister is leaking due to the o-ring being bad. Does anyone know what size the o-ring? My truck is a 99 ram 2500. I’ve attached a photo of itIMG_1369.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel filter canister

Quote Originally Posted by Murph31A View Post
    My fuel heater on the fuel filter canister is leaking due to the o-ring being bad. Does anyone know what size the o-ring? My truck is a 99 ram 2500. I’ve attached a photo of itIMG_1369.jpg

I'm not sure off the top of my head but are you able to remove it to take it to a parts store? I would imagine it would be a fairly common size.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

The manual doesn't give the size. Just make sure the parts guy knows it for diesel use. I had a guy give me an o-ring that didn't hold up and leaked later.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Here's what you can do. Pull the heater, measure it, and smear a thin coat of RTV around the oring. DO NOT put any below the ring. If you do, wipe it off. put it back in and Let it sit an hour or two and you can drive it. That should dam up the leak until you get the rings

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I ended up getting the right size o-ring.
    It’s 3/32 x 3/8 ID x 9/16 OD. Replaced the o-ring so far no issues

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I ended up getting the right size o-ring.
    It’s 3/32 x 3/8 ID x 9/16 OD. Replaced the o-ring so far no issues

The best repair is the right repair

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes Murph31A, AnOldBiker liked this post