Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  38
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about MM3, DRD, and supporting mods

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question about MM3, DRD, and supporting mods

New to the cummins world. Had a 6.7 PS with H&S mini max before. I am getting ready to delete, and just curious if someone can look at what I am planning on doing before I make the leap...

mm3 with DRD tunes. planning on the lite version. My understanding is that the full version only includes additional sound tunes? are the sound tunes the only thing i would be exempt from getting with the lite version? ($1,347.30)
    flo pro stainless 5in exhaust with muffler (SS1674 $735)
    shibby exhaust plug kit ($119.97)
    *** EGR, cooler delete (214.97)
    crankcase vent kit ($44.97) *will this drip oil?
    S&B intake ($354.97)
    EGT sensor kit ($165.97) *Do i need this? On the ford I was able to pull an egt probe from the exhaust and use it. I havent seen if that is a possibility with the cummins
    banks monster ram 42788 red ($423)
    total - $3,406.15

Things i dont think i need?
    fass lift pump

any help would be greatly appreciated! looking at doing things right the first time

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Question about MM3, DRD, and supporting mods

I would skip the intake horn unless you're after looks only. No performance benefit there unless going for high horsepower.
    For the CCV delete just gut the filter and run a heater hose down to the frame. Then you won't get oil smell in the cab or risk oil drooling down your engine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Thanks optnstrader thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

the thought with the intake horn was to delete the throttle valve. I have no engine plans after the delete. I looked into the 2nd gen swap, etc, but dont plan to do it. most i would do is a carli kit with rims/tires.

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by optnstrader View Post
    the thought with the intake horn was to delete the throttle valve. I have no engine plans after the delete. I looked into the 2nd gen swap, etc, but dont plan to do it. most i would do is a carli kit with rims/tires.
    The throttle valve is separate from the intake horn so you can save that money and I’ll second the CCV delete. Just gut the filter and run the hose.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

10. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

PM sent

2014 Ram 2500 Mega. DRD tuning.
    Moore Oklahoma

12. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189, walmart liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    I would skip the intake horn unless you're after looks only. No performance benefit there unless going for high horsepower.
    For the CCV delete just gut the filter and run a heater hose down to the frame. Then you won't get oil smell in the cab or risk oil drooling down your engine.

What is the added benefit for doing a CCV delete?

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paidkiller10 View Post
    What is the added benefit for doing a CCV delete?
    The CCV is vented to the intake before the turbo. There's potential of oil gunking up the turbo and intercooler. The system relies on the vacuum from the turbo to work properly and not create crank case pressure. Therefore if it's deleted, the filter in the valve cover should be gutted to let it breathe freely.

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

16. Thanks Paidkiller10 thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

On the throttle valve delete note... What are the chances of these "shutting" while driving with it unplugged? When the truck is off are these wide open? Unplugging will keep it open? Obviously it'll throw a code. Research shows some people having issues with it closing on its own.

18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walker111 View Post
    On the throttle valve delete note... What are the chances of these "shutting" while driving with it unplugged? When the truck is off are these wide open? Unplugging will keep it open? Obviously it'll throw a code. Research shows some people having issues with it closing on its own.
    you don’t need to unplug it when DRD tunes. Very rare they close with his set up from what I have read

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Yamahamod thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast