Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intercooler guard

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Intercooler guard

I recently swapped front bumper for ranch hand style- with the new bumper the intercooler is slightly below the bottom bumper line. Anyone aware of a guard besides the one Genos has? I am not too worried about the debris from regular road driving but in case there is something large some extra protection would be great

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Intercooler guard

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I recently swapped front bumper for ranch hand style- with the new bumper the intercooler is slightly below the bottom bumper line. Anyone aware of a guard besides the one Genos has? I am not too worried about the debris from regular road driving but in case there is something large some extra protection would be great

Sadly i do not know of any other one.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Sadly i do not know of any other one.
    I need the truck, but i could design and build something.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Post a bunch of pics. I can probably design something you can make. Quote me so I know to come and look

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Post a bunch of pics. I can probably design something you can make. Quote me so I know to come and look
    I appreciate the offer but I will come up with something - shouldn’t be too hard coming off the factory bracket. Only question I have and I feel like it’s a stupid one but do I need to put holes/cuts in it to allow air directly in?

i was thinking of using about 1” circular bit and making some isles up and down the plate. I’m not going to make it too heavy duty buy enough if there is lumber or something in the road it’ll save me

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I appreciate the offer but I will come up with something - shouldn’t be too hard coming off the factory bracket. Only question I have and I feel like it’s a stupid one but do I need to put holes/cuts in it to allow air directly in?

i was thinking of using about 1” circular bit and making some isles up and down the plate. I’m not going to make it too heavy duty buy enough if there is lumber or something in the road it’ll save me
    I still need to see it. I'm unfamiliar with the bumper and not that knowledgeable on the intercooler. I might be able to give you a few ideas. Remember, I am a real engineer. You should see some of the unique things I have done on my truck

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Here's a couple of my most recent. Don't laugh too hard

DSCN0851.jpg

DSCN0856.jpg

14. Thanks Steinbrenner thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Here's a couple of my most recent. Don't laugh too hard

DSCN0851.jpg

DSCN0856.jpg
    its right at 34” from bracket to bracket on the intercooler support- 22” from there to bottom of bumper which is at about a 15 degree angle. I was thinking of just using angle iron for brackets. Only thing I am concerned about is blocking air flow. Stock bumper blocked air but with the air dam I guess fed it somehow?

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

its right at 34” from bracket to bracket on the intercooler support- 22” from there to bottom of bumper which is at about a 15 degree angle. I was thinking of just using angle iron for brackets. Only thing I am concerned about is blocking air flow. Stock bumper blocked air but with the air dam I guess fed it somehow?
    How about a piece of stretched metal? 1/16 ought to work nicely. I forget the gauge designation. If you can roll it on a tight 90*, all you'll need is mounting. You could easily put a piece of screen on it for bugs.

18. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

How about a piece of stretched metal? 1/16 ought to work nicely. I forget the gauge designation. If you can roll it on a tight 90*, all you'll need is mounting. You could easily put a piece of screen on it for bugs.
    Great thought- 16 gauge would be about 1/16- sheets online for 2x4 are about $83. I’m gonna check the local scrap yard first and see what’s around. Thanks for the help!

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast