Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  76
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintenance, Oil change?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Maintenance, Oil change?

If in wrong spot. Sorry. Ok got good question maintance tricks of the trade. Oil changes. What some good ways or tools or products to drain oil. On 6.7 so your not wearing it LOL. And lookin like a spectacled pup . LOL

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Maintance. Oil change

Funnel with hose attached into drain pan. Fumoto drain valve with tubing as well helps a ton.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, smartdave liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Maintenance, Oil change?

Like Clayton said, definitely a Fumoto valve, but what year is your truck? The models before the long arm suspension (pre-2013) were much easier to reach the filter and all you really need is a gallon size ziploc bag! With the 2013+ trucks, it’s a little trickier!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

As previously stated, the fumoto valve is money. Around $30 you can save yourself the troubles of cleaning up.

“De Opresso Liber”

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Mine a 10. Filter seen really easy clean. Draining oil that different story that flush 3/8 hex. I mechanic on alot of thing but theres gotta be a better way to drain. LOL.

By the way. Those blu def cap/flex pour spouts work great for other bottles to pour with .

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Has anybody tryed the ez drian drain plug and gues you need the hose to make valve open

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I tried the easy drain valve years a go on a car. Didn't like them at all.
    On the 2nd drain I installed a Fomoto valve on everything and never looked back.

I have the older 5.9, and when I change filters, I remove the fill cap, drain the pan and when I pull the filter, the filter oil level is down bout one inch. Easy to remove.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boat man View Post
    Has anybody tryed the ez drian drain plug and gues you need the hose to make valve open

Yes that’s what I use and absolutely love mine

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Yes that’s what I use and absolutely love mine
    I never hear of that one. You need something that has a latch so it can't vibrate open

The filter, I had the misfortune of help @F350Cummins 17. What a nightmare. The solution for the filter is get a remote kit. I put in a dual filter, not a bypass. Not worth the money in my book and i can use the same filters the truck uses. I mounted mine under the Pass door. If you do that, be sure you run the hoses so they don't chaif. Best to wrap them. Nice and clean and quick. I use an old baking pan and made a holder for the filters. I pre fill them in the holder, and drop the spent ones in an empty slot. Very little mess. In my book the filter is the worst on these. I've probably done 500 oil changes in the last 55 years. I'll have to get you some pics tomorrow

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I never hear of that one. You need something that has a latch so it can't vibrate open

The filter, I had the misfortune of help @F350Cummins 17. What a nightmare. The solution for the filter is get a remote kit. I put in a dual filter, not a bypass. Not worth the money in my book and i can use the same filters the truck uses. I mounted mine under the Pass door. If you do that, be sure you run the hoses so they don't chaif. Best to wrap them. Nice and clean and quick. I use an old baking pan and made a holder for the filters. I pre fill them in the holder, and drop the spent ones in an empty slot. Very little mess. In my book the filter is the worst on these. I've probably done 500 oil changes in the last 55 years. I'll have to get you some pics tomorrow
    you do have one of the best set-ups. Remote filter is a go-to. @Polaraco has remote dual filters.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

18. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Polaraco liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast