Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: p202b and p229e HELP!!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

p202b and p229e HELP!!

I'm a currently driving the truck and she seems to drive fine, my truck is throwing a p202b and p229e .. which i believe is just due to bad sensors .. to replace said sensors etc. is gonna cost me about $3000+ .. being that I can delete the truck for less that is the way I will be going. Although I have just purchased the vehicle, trailer, commercial insurance, chains, straps, binders, etc. money is tight ... Will she be alright for a little while?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: p202b and p229e HELP!!

3000$ for 2 sensors? That must be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

3. Likes watersupply189, Paidkiller10 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

That’s can’t be right. One of those codes is a nox sensor and the other is DEF heater. How is that 3k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Likes watersupply189, Paidkiller10 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member Controlled_Pair253's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Tyler View Post
    I'm a currently driving the truck and she seems to drive fine, my truck is throwing a p202b and p229e .. which i believe is just due to bad sensors .. to replace said sensors etc. is gonna cost me about $3000+ .. being that I can delete the truck for less that is the way I will be going. Although I have just purchased the vehicle, trailer, commercial insurance, chains, straps, binders, etc. money is tight ... Will she be alright for a little while?
    What year, transmission, drivability issues, what is the truck doing? Lack of power, smoking etc....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. Likes watersupply189, Paidkiller10 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Tyler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Controlled_Pair253 View Post
    What year, transmission, drivability issues, what is the truck doing? Lack of power, smoking etc....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yeah what he said. As the head tech adviser on this forum, I am telling you we don't have crystal ball. I have to read between the lines all the time. All that does is make you guess. That's why I didn't ask questions 3 days ago. Put yourself on the reading end and think about that. End of rant

I agree. someone is smoking drugs at 3K. You could remove the NOX sensor and clean it. I don't know what that heater is. You must own a 13 or newer. You have a Urea tank? I'm working in the blind here. I've heard of some issues with the connectors on the Eura tank. That's probably what the heater is.

See?

crystal-ball.jpg

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Likes watersupply189, Paidkiller10 liked this post