Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Shackles vs blocks

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Shackles vs blocks

Just purchased Thuren 3" and now looking to lift the rear. What would be better; 2" block kit or 2" shackles? Not sure how either will effect the ride

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Shackles vs blocks

Shackles for sure!!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

4. Thanks Thatcumminsgirl thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Thatcumminsgirl, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I second the shackle option, blocks will increase axle wrap. More so, the larger the block.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Thanks Thatcumminsgirl thanked for this post
    Likes Thatcumminsgirl, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I like shackles on yj jeeps. But I have no experience with shackles on a full size truck from my experience it may help with ride quality some. I'm sure it would depend on the size you went with but does anyone know if it would make the rest of the truck kinda unstable? I know with the jeep I had it made it wander pretty good of course the shackles were in the front also so I know that was part of it.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Thanks Thatcumminsgirl thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Shackles 100% plus Thuren's shackles are adjustable for your rear ride height!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks Thatcumminsgirl thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks guys 100% going for Shackles

12. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

looks like you are going with shackles they do add some articulation , but was wondering if you thought at all about doing a new leaf spring pack instead. I don't know if you have a long bed or what you tow if you tow. as far as the shackles for thuren. give them a call, its their shackles and they do a lot of R&R and they will be able to tell you what you honestly would gain or lose.
    are you just adding the shackles to a stock suspension? or do you have a lift on the truck? the highest setting on the shackles Is less than 2" . a leaf spring pack or new leaf spring that add a lift would keep you at the same towing if not increase towing and payload and would minimize squat. sorry my brain thinks this way, if its just a little bit of lift and some bind free movement than shackles from thuren are very cost effective.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I got my 2” shackles on eBay for $70...

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

15. Likes Power247 liked this post