Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Mirror upgrade

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Mirror upgrade

My 2016 2500 slt has standard mirrors with no blinkers or puddle lamps. I am purchasing tow mirrors with blinkers and lamps but I’m wondering if these trucks are pre wired for these options or will I have to run wires to the door? Main reason I would like to know now is because I installed a factory backup camera and it still needs to be flashed and potentially flashed for the mirror options as well. I took the truck in last week for a recall and they told me they cannot add the sales codes for the mirrors till they are installed but if I have to tap power from the blinkers and interior lights I won’t need sales codes added right?

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Mirror upgrade

I’m sorry I have no answer for your mirrors just curious about your back up camera. Are the SLTs all pre wired for one? What all did you have to purchase ? I have an SLT and would like to investigate the option of a camera more .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Mine was not pre wired but I have heard others are. The install was not very hard just time consuming. I would recommend calling a dealer and asking if they will add the sales code and flash your vehicle before you install and as you go along you can check to see if the camera works. It may not be prewired From the cab to the tailgate but you may find the inside of the cab to the radio is pre wired and would save yourself a few steps. I ordered my kit from amazon for about $220 and it’s a true Mopar kit. If you have any questions on the install send me a message and I would be glad to help.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kzink89 View Post
    Mine was not pre wired but I have heard others are. The install was not very hard just time consuming. I would recommend calling a dealer and asking if they will add the sales code and flash your vehicle before you install and as you go along you can check to see if the camera works. It may not be prewired From the cab to the tailgate but you may find the inside of the cab to the radio is pre wired and would save yourself a few steps. I ordered my kit from amazon for about $220 and it’s a true Mopar kit. If you have any questions on the install send me a message and I would be glad to help.
    After you put the mirrors on I would just go head and pay them to flash the truck. Cuz it will also change the way your mirrors adjust. When they are folded up. They will adjust as if they were folded down. I was in the same boat as you. And I put some on but have never went and paid for the flash.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ok well that makes sense then. I will just have to wait for the backup camera flash till I get the mirrors installed

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post