Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  45
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Dickinson, Tx!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Hello from Dickinson, Tx!

Hello everyone!

The quick intro is that I'm familiar with Cummins and Ram/Dodge as my Dad had an 02 Cummins and a 97 Ram 1500 years ago. Now that I have my own family and our oldest girl is into competitive horse riding/showing, it seems our F-150 EcoBoost may soon prove too light in the *** to handle the towing we will eventually do. The short of it is I'm looking around for truck because I want my wife to keep her truck, and now I think I'm done with building cars and want a truck for myself. I guess I'll pull double duty and get a truck for the work that's coming, and maybe also something I can tinker with too.

Very familiar with forums and have purchased several vehicles from these places as I've had good luck buying from enthusiasts. I've been though Nissan, BMW, and VW forums along with lurking around an EcoBoost forum for some research. Also, I'd like to let you know about my super power. I'm REALLY good with the search feature, LOL, so don't worry about me making dumb posts that have been covered ad nauseam.

So that's it. I'll be researching around here and once my BMW sells I'll be making moves to see who's got something I like. If I forgot anything don't hesitate to ask.

2. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Hello from Dickinson, Tx!

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dekansnowman View Post
    Hello everyone!

The quick intro is that I'm familiar with Cummins and Ram/Dodge as my Dad had an 02 Cummins and a 97 Ram 1500 years ago. Now that I have my own family and our oldest girl is into competitive horse riding/showing, it seems our F-150 EcoBoost may soon prove too light in the *** to handle the towing we will eventually do. The short of it is I'm looking around for truck because I want my wife to keep her truck, and now I think I'm done with building cars and want a truck for myself. I guess I'll pull double duty and get a truck for the work that's coming, and maybe also something I can tinker with too.

Very familiar with forums and have purchased several vehicles from these places as I've had good luck buying from enthusiasts. I've been though Nissan, BMW, and VW forums along with lurking around an EcoBoost forum for some research. Also, I'd like to let you know about my super power. I'm REALLY good with the search feature, LOL, so don't worry about me making dumb posts that have been covered ad nauseam.

So that's it. I'll be researching around here and once my BMW sells I'll be making moves to see who's got something I like. If I forgot anything don't hesitate to ask.
    Welcome friend

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

5. Likes dodgemark, cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

to the forum @Dekansnowman

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dekansnowman View Post
    Hello everyone!

Welcome to the forum bud! Glad to have ya here! Glad to see another texan!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Hello and welcome @Dekansnowman
    Enjoy our forum!

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

11. Thanks Dekansnowman thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

993B1A92-80B9-4279-9856-2C62B710DA86.jpg

Well everyone, I sold the BMW and now have a truck of my own.

2013 2500 4x4 Laramie wth 60k on the clock.

Glad to finally have one and coming from a 3-Series it feels like I’m driving a freight train! Now that it’s in my driveway I’ll be researching all the ins and outs of this platform from potential deletion of EGR/DPF, vendors here for maintenance parts and DIYs to bookmark, and finally I might take a look at leveling and wheel options.

13. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

WooHoo!!!
    Congratulations!!!

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast