Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: 6.7 oil dip stick safe zone.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

6.7 oil dip stick safe zone.

Out of curiosity does anyone know the capacity that gets you from the bottom of the safe zone to the top of the safe zone on the dip stick? I searched but couldn't find a definitive answer. I change my oil ever 6 months which puts me at 13K +/- between oil changes and I'll be changing the oil later this month (12.5K currently). I checked my oil last night and its about 1/4 inch from the top of the safe line. When I change the oil it's right at the top of the line. I'm not concerned about it, just curious about the safe zone capacity. Thanks Hray.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 6.7 oil dip stick safe zone.

It's still in the safe zone and was like that the last time or 2 I changed it

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hray View Post
    Out of curiosity does anyone know the capacity that gets you from the bottom of the safe zone to the top of the safe zone on the dip stick? I searched but couldn't find a definitive answer. I change my oil ever 6 months which puts me at 13K +/- between oil changes and I'll be changing the oil later this month (12.5K currently). I checked my oil last night and its about 1/4 inch from the top of the safe line. When I change the oil it's right at the top of the line. I'm not concerned about it, just curious about the safe zone capacity. Thanks Hray.
    I believe and please don’t hold me to this but if it’s at the add mark it takes 2 quarts to bring it up to the full mark. The truck holds 12 quarts so even at the add mark you still have plenty of oil left. LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I believe and please don’t hold me to this but if it’s at the add mark it takes 2 quarts to bring it up to the full mark. The truck holds 12 quarts so even at the add mark you still have plenty of oil left. LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

That sounds about right from what i remember.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks the 2 quarts was what I was trying to confirm. Hray

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hray View Post
    Every time I change mine (2014) using 3 gal total (including filter pre-charge) I'm right between the marks. Are you doing 3 gal + filter?

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Just 3 gallons total. I change my oil in my front drive way which has a slight downgrade. Puts the truck more level seeing how the back is higher than the front. Anyway that's where I always check it. For comparison I did check it at work in parking lot to confirm my 1/4" from top and at work it was halfway between marks. So that decline does make a difference of about a 1/4". No quite sure how level the work parking lot is though, more so than my drive way. Hray

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post