Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deleting 2015

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Deleting 2015

What is the benefit of a 5" exhaust vs 4"?

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by doug32571 View Post
    What is the benefit of a 5" exhaust vs 4"?
    Sound and looks only. Some say the 5 inch has a deeper tone, but is a bear to install. Lots of opinions on which has more drone.
    Mine is a hybrid... 4 inch Flo-Pro down to a 48 inch Megaflow muffler to a 5 inch Diamond Eye tail pipe. I like it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

3. Likes walla2k5, Power247, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I have a 5" afe power turbo back with muffler.
    Easy to fit and no drone at all.
    Reasonably quiet but a nice note when you get on it.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

5. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Cool, Thanks for clearing that up for me.

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 74KW View Post
    Hi All,

I've been looking around for awhile for answers to a few questions I have about deleting my work truck. Its a 2015 regular cab. Reliability is my biggest factor in doing the delete, and I would like to delete EGR/DPF/SCR without adding any HP. I am pretty set on a 5'' exhaust with muffler, but am worried about fitment issues as I don't see any exhaust kits advertised for regular cabs. What would be the cheapest way to achieve these goals? I am a diesel mechanic so I will be doing all the work myself.

Thanks for the help.
    Read the newbie guide and specifically the tuner section. I spent weeks learning about it and wrote about it. You need a tuner 100% after 2011. I went with raceme for the monitor after the tune. Otherwise it's cheaper for a cheaper turn and save about 200-300 and you can always get a edge CTS later

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

9. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Thx for the heads-up jeepstrjohn, I got a regular cab as well, it's good to know what to expect before you get going so you don't have to go back and re-do something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12