Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  215
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The EPA is at it hardcore!

1. Top Of Page | #51

User Info Menu

Re: The EPA is at it hardcore!

This has been the best post to read! I feel the EPA is such a load of BS, I am very new to this forum but it has been great and I have felt very welcome. I would like to thank yall for your hard work to make this site happen!

2. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

The EPA has there reasons they just need to be controlled better.

3. Top Of Page | #53

User Info Menu

Perhaps I should of worded that better, I agree with a lot of the rules the the EPA sets forth regarding the protection of the environment. What I don't agree with is the diesel emissions that are required. I do not like that they push the manufacturer's to develop a system that chokes and shortens the life of a engine resulting in more costs for the owner. I feel they should allow the manufacturer's to develop a more efficient, cleaner running and better fuel saving engine instead. Yes the EPA doe's the right thing, but they sure don't care about the Individual consumer that makes up this country.

4. Top Of Page | #54

User Info Menu

Agreed

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

The problem is the EPA was pushed by CARB to mandate all these standards nationwide back in 07. The EPA does have its uses, but the emissions control on diesels are a joke. Yes they have got better since 07, but the systems and prone to failure. Its not a question on if they will fail, but when and you will be looking at one hell of a bill. I have yet to see any real data that these new systems are making a valid change in the air quality. Cali is still overrun with SMOG and there is research going around that the DEF is making things worse. They have proven when DPF goes through Regen that it dumps more bad crap into the environment. IMO they should have just left it alone and worked on the engines burning cleaner. I think if diesels were as evil as cali says then all states would mandate the standards that cali did.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

7. Thanks watersupply189, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189, DRD liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #56

User Info Menu

The IRS & the EPA, are birds of a feather...along with every other government acronym.

None are about really accomplishing good things.

It's really about establishing regulations, the ability to levy heavy fines, create bloated bureaucracies, and have control/power.

Anyone who thinks a government organization can be reformed, doesn't realize what that organization was really created for.

The only way to reform anything w/ a government acronym, is to eliminate it...which never happens.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, CFHMetal thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #57

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gravelscratcher View Post
    The IRS & the EPA, are birds of a feather...along with every other government acronym.

None are about really accomplishing good things.

It's really about establishing regulations, the ability to levy heavy fines, create bloated bureaucracies, and have control/power.

Anyone who thinks a government organization can be reformed, doesn't realize what that organization was really created for.

The only way to reform anything w/ a government acronym, is to eliminate it...which never happens.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    AMEN!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456