Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Fass or Air Dog

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fass or Air Dog

Hey guys, I hope I am putting this in the correct place. I am looking into upgrading my fuel system and can't decide what to do. the lift pump companies of Fass and Air dog both seem like good options, but I have heard many different things about both. Has anyone had good or bad dealings with either? Any advice would be appreciated!!

2. Likes dodgemark, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Fass or Air Dog

My truck is still on the stock pump, but sooner or later will need to do this. I've heard and read good and bad on both, plus friends that had their experiences. I'm leaning towards Fass, but want to hear more experiences of other members.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes dodgemark, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Like @AnOldBiker said, I too have heard good and bad about those two companies. I'm waiting to hear some experiences with the new fleece in-tank replacement pump.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I ran a Fass 150 with sump on my last truck and the pump/kit was great. I did have issues with the push lock fittings on a couple of occasions where they were leaking (drips in driveway). One place was at the sump and other was at the CP3. This is when they had just switched over to a different gates hose style. They did send replacement hose free of charge. I ended up using some RTV to prevent the leaks.

overall install was relatively easy and I never had issues with the pump itself. I am sure mine was a one off..if something can go wrong for me it will.

when I upgrade my current truck I will be going Fass.

DRD has a video on a new sump out (I forget the brand) where the return is in the sump and not the filler neck which I like.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    Hey guys, I hope I am putting this in the correct place. I am looking into upgrading my fuel system and can't decide what to do. the lift pump companies of Fass and Air dog both seem like good options, but I have heard many different things about both. Has anyone had good or bad dealings with either? Any advice would be appreciated!!

Both are great companies. I recommend fass as they have always been there for any questions or help i have ever needed. I have ran both systems and just from what i have been told is fass has better customer service. Keep that in mind but im sure airdog is great to deal with as well i just have never had the chance to talk with them.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com