Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2008 Ram 2500 doesn't want to shift.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2008 Ram 2500 doesn't want to shift.

Hello All,

A couple days ago my truck started acting up and would only shift into a higher gear if it was near the redline and I hit the throttle and let off. I just bought the truck and it only has 119k on it (we have put maybe 650 miles on it). The interesting thing is that when I purchased the truck the grommet around the transmission dipstick was bad so the dealer ordered a new dipstick for me but the new one was around 3 inches shorter than the old one. When I started having issues I took it to a trans shop and the guy said that it was giving a "low line pressure" code and after checking the fluid level suggested that I add a couple quarts of fluid. I told him about the difference in dipsticks and he still suggested adding the extra fluid. I added one quart of ATF-4 and now the fluid level seems way too high and when I checked it idling in neutral it had some bubbles in it. I just dropped the truck off at the guys shop cause he said he needed to drive it to see what it was doing and then let me know. I'm curious if anyone else has experience this issue and what the problem was with their truck. My other question is that I was planning on having the transmission built eventually anyways (just not now). My goals with the truck is to use it to tow around 12k and driving around with my family. I was thinking about doing an EFI live tune and possibly a compound setup on the truck with a hp goal of around 550hp with nice low EGT's. So with that in mind anyone have suggestions on what parts to buy to have the transmission built? Thanks for any assistance you all can offer.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2008 Ram 2500 doesn't want to shift.

you should be showing more codes than just low pressure.

Red Line? Engine?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC