Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: P2609 No Voltage Drop Seen From Air Intake Heater

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

P2609 No Voltage Drop Seen From Air Intake Heater

My apologies if this isn't the proper place to post this.

OK...I'm deleted and tuned via MM3 and Ray's tunes. I recently started getting a DTC "P2609-No Voltage Drop Seen From Air Intake Heater". I no longer have an air intake heater. And this only seemed to start happening when the temps started to drop - but only like the low 40's. Can any of you Cummins gurus enlighten me as to what's going on here?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: P2609 No Voltage Drop Seen From Air Intake Heater

Quote Originally Posted by jeepmanjr View Post
    My apologies if this isn't the proper place to post this.

OK...I'm deleted and tuned via MM3 and Ray's tunes. I recently started getting a DTC "P2609-No Voltage Drop Seen From Air Intake Heater". I no longer have an air intake heater. And this only seemed to start happening when the temps started to drop - but only like the low 40's. Can any of you Cummins gurus enlighten me as to what's going on here?
    Did you tell ray you had planned on getting rid of the grid heater when you got tuning from him? It may be that you need him to retune and make that adjustment. The pcm is looking for signal from the grid heater but it isnt there.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Thanks jeepmanjr thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Did you tell ray you had planned on getting rid of the grid heater when you got tuning from him? It may be that you need him to retune and make that adjustment. The pcm is looking for signal from the grid heater but it isnt there.
    Now that you mention it, I didn't specifically ask about it when I ordered my tuner. Ya know, it seems this came up when I was talking to him about a few other things and that I could remove it without any issues. It's been a while and I could be mistaken. Well...I guess it's time to contact him again. LOL. Thanks for the reply!

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Follow up: Just finished talking with Ray and Dwelsh is spot on. If you're gonna delete the heater you've got to specify that when you order your tune. Obviously I overlooked that little tidbit when I ordered. LOL. So...to run code-free I need to order a re-tune from Ray. Live and learn I reckon.

6. Thanks Polaraco, Dwelsh thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, Dwelsh liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

atta boy

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes jeepmanjr liked this post