Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 230k Mile injector vs Reman BOSCH

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

230k Mile injector vs Reman BOSCH

New to the forum. Just changed all 6 injector as they all had excesive return and throwing a P0191 code. Truck has 228,500 to be exact. Started seeing the code pop up around 150k. The holes in the nozzle are covered in soot and can't be seen. I have used Diesel Kleen once or twice a month for a long time. Truck is primarily used on the hwy and has seen some longer than usual idle times (1-2hrs). Not sure what can prevent the soot build up over time however I think its inevitable no matter what you use as an injector cleaner. Just some info for everyone.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks Bobtipton, watersupply189, david3gen thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 230k Mile injector vs Reman BOSCH

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    New to the forum. Just changed all 6 injector as they all had excesive return and throwing a P0191 code. Truck has 228,500 to be exact. Started seeing the code pop up around 150k. The holes in the nozzle are covered in soot and can't be seen. I have used Diesel Kleen once or twice a month for a long time. Truck is primarily used on the hwy and has seen some longer than usual idle times (1-2hrs). Not sure what can prevent the soot build up over time however I think its inevitable no matter what you use as an injector cleaner. Just some info for everyone.
    Thanks for posting.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting and welcome friend

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks. This is the best Forum for our trucks by far!

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

You can solve that problem with a regiment of Archoil treatments. Some of the guys have been using that stuff with no problems since. This is a perpetual problem with the 03's. I tried this stuff 6 years ago and have been using the fuel treatment ever since. Not so much as a hick up.

Dump 2 bottles of this in, one at a time, and run them through. I say two because your situation appears extreme

https://www.archoil.com/products/ar6400-fuel-system-cleaners

Also add some of this to the tank at the same time. don't over treat. it's only takes a small amount per tank. Stay on that on a regular basis and you'll be a very happy camper

https://www.archoil.com/collections/products/products/ar6200-fuel-treatment

?Stand back and enjoy it

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You can solve that problem with a regiment of Archoil treatments. Some of the guys have been using that stuff with no problems since. This is a perpetual problem with the 03's. I tried this stuff 6 years ago and have been using the fuel treatment ever since. Not so much as a hick up.

Dump 2 bottles of this in, one at a time, and run them through. I say two because your situation appears extreme

https://www.archoil.com/products/ar6400-fuel-system-cleaners

Also add some of this to the tank at the same time. don't over treat. it's only takes a small amount per tank. Stay on that on a regular basis and you'll be a very happy camper

https://www.archoil.com/collections/products/products/ar6200-fuel-treatment

Stand back and enjoy it

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Sounds good and thanks for the links Polaraco. How often would you say to add this stuff?

13. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Sounds good and thanks for the links Polaraco. How often would you say to add this stuff?
    One or maybe in your case two cleaner treatments, then add the fuel treatment at every fill-up. I've been using the fuel treatment for around a year now, it really makes a difference with easier starts, smoother idling and I'm getting some pretty impressive MPG's averaging 19.7 city/highway.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

15. Thanks david3gen, Polaraco thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Have you been using what Polarco recommeded as well?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

17. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Have you been using what Polarco recommeded as well?
    I used Diesel Kleen for the most part. Just dont want to have the same caked up nozzles and be in the same situation a year or two from now. Just want the cleanest burn and less composits/soot.

19. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast