Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 101st AirBorne

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

101st AirBorne

Army Strong. Served in 101st. Nam 71-72. Phu-Bai Proud to have served My country. My son was in the Navy and My grandson is currently in the Navy. Bartster

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 101st AirBorne

Thank you for your service!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Humped the 'HOG' over every damn square foot of the Mountains between Bien Hoa to Thailand.
    Co B, 2nd Btn, 8th Inf, 1st Cav .. Airmobile ('71)

Welcome home brother

Hey .. another old coot ...

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Likes walla2k5, david3gen, Paidkiller10 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Humped the 'HOG' over every damn square foot of the Mountains between Bien Hoa to Thailand.
    Co B, 2nd Btn, 8th Inf, 1st Cav .. Airmobile ('71)

Welcome home brother

Hey .. another old coot ...
    I didn't realize you were in the 101. In was too. Only I stayed on the ground. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane wasn't my idea of a good saturday afternoon.

K Co I think. Some of the era is erased via the strokes. I Can't find my 412 for all the good it didn't do for me. I do clearly recall the entire day I was hit and recall catching 2 irregulars trying to infiltrate our zone. I remember the screams when I ran over them with the rear wheels on my 6 ton. I remember the monsoons and the heat. Hills, jungle, crater ridden dirt roads with an ambush on every bend. I remember my CO. He happens to be my lawyer now. I had to be reintroduced in the hopes I would remember more. It's been 5 years since the strokes

I didn't do well over there.

@bartster Thanks for serving Rrrrrrrrruuupppppp

What are the chances of 3 guys meeting like this from the same division like this? Were you over there listening to those squeaky sneakers too?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes walla2k5, david3gen, Paidkiller10 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Good Morning Polaraco. Yes, There are memories that I would like to forget. I was not a Jumper for the 101st. I was in the support group. Although we still seen action over there ( Zappers ) from permitter duty. Yes I do remember the monsoons and the heat. I think thats why I like the Keys so much. Rains the same and the heat is very simalar. Thanks for your service. I am proud of my son (navy) and grandson who is currently in the Navy. Wife and I are currently in North Port FLA to visit my elderly mother. First Dodge (ram) I have owned, Like it so far. It was stock when I bought it but didn't`t like the Regen every hundred or so miles. Have since removed the exhaust cans and got rid of unnecessary parts. Diesel Dan Mirren guided me in the right direction. Installed a MM3 tuner. Only thing now that bothers me is the trans. Shutters when I pull a load up a hill from a standing start. Hopefully it will last until we go home in the string. Take Care Bartster

10. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bartster View Post
    Good Morning Polaraco. Yes, There are memories that I would like to forget. I was not a Jumper for the 101st. I was in the support group. Although we still seen action over there ( Zappers ) from permitter duty. Yes I do remember the monsoons and the heat. I think thats why I like the Keys so much. Rains the same and the heat is very simalar. Thanks for your service. I am proud of my son (navy) and grandson who is currently in the Navy. Wife and I are currently in North Port FLA to visit my elderly mother. First Dodge (ram) I have owned, Like it so far. It was stock when I bought it but didn't`t like the Regen every hundred or so miles. Have since removed the exhaust cans and got rid of unnecessary parts. Diesel Dan Mirren guided me in the right direction. Installed a MM3 tuner. Only thing now that bothers me is the trans. Shutters when I pull a load up a hill from a standing start. Hopefully it will last until we go home in the string. Take Care Bartster
    Support Huh. . . Gee we may have crossed paths. I was in logistics. That's the technical word for truck driver. LOL I wanted to be an engineer and that's where I landed. The entire platoon was black, except for me and the CO. I'll fight with those guys anytime. What a tight group we were. Our group was redesignated. SOS with a different name. You Jim and I are from the same era.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Likes david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Oh I forgot to ask. . . Is that a manual or auto

14. Likes david3gen liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Goodmorning My truck is a auto. Had the trans serviced before we leave to come down here. People at trans shop said the trans is the weak spot on the the drive train. You said Jim, you and I are 101ST. Jim who? Take Care. Go Blue ( Michigan VS Ohio State.

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bartster View Post
    Goodmorning My truck is a auto. Had the trans serviced before we leave to come down here. People at trans shop said the trans is the weak spot on the the drive train. You said Jim, you and I are 101ST. Jim who? Take Care. Go Blue ( Michigan VS Ohio State.
    Jim is @AnOldBiker,

The 68RE is a pretty stout trans. Especially compared to the previous 48RE. I abused mine in my 08 and it held up pretty well. When they did the service did you happen to see the bottom of the pan? Or did they show you? That chattering isn't good. The weakest point is the torque converter. I have learned it is deliberate. Chrysler was using the converter like a fuse.

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Yeah, I kinda thought the TC was the weak point. Trans shop said the pan and fluid looked fine. They just gave me a heads-up on these 68re issues. Cheers Bartster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast