Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  96
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Too soon to delete?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Too soon to delete?

A friend at work bought a 2018 Tradesman. He wants to delete, but at 5k miles, he had a rear main seal start leaking. Like a 3" diameter puddle after only a few hours of sitting. The dealer fixed it, but if he had been deleted, who knows if they would have or not.

That being said, I did wait until 19k miles before I deleted my 17 Laramie.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I've got an appointment with my local guy to get this thing squared away. Being that it's christmas and all, I'm just going to do the EGR/DPF delete and exhaust w/Tuner. As much as I WANT to level it, the truck rides fine and my wife deserves some serious giftage for letting this go through.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ckage83 View Post
    I've got an appointment with my local guy to get this thing squared away. Being that it's christmas and all, I'm just going to do the EGR/DPF delete and exhaust w/Tuner. As much as I WANT to level it, the truck rides fine and my wife deserves some serious giftage for letting this go through.
    You know what they say Happy Wife Happy Life

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I'm still back and forth on deleting my truck since I have a G56. I see all these people on the cummins facebook group saying they deleted and not even days later their clutches were slipping. I drive pretty conservatively though.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AKram2500 View Post
    I'm still back and forth on deleting my truck since I have a G56. I see all these people on the cummins facebook group saying they deleted and not even days later their clutches were slipping. I drive pretty conservatively though.
    Stay at a 30HP and you'll be fine.

60HP under load will slip it.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AKram2500 View Post
    I daily drive mine on the 150 hp tune. No slipping unless I really romp on it and I only did that once. I drive conservatively also. That was in 6th/OD when it slipped too. When I tow I do drop down to the 30 hp tune although I have towed my boat on the 150 I wouldn't pull my gooseneck or camper on that tune. DRD has a video about it. Like he said anything can break. The power the more the chance. And then you have those that think they're driving a hellcat.....

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

The more power..........
    Caveman can't figure out how to edit post while on phone.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Go for it! I deleted my 2018 with 550miles...never a regret and loving every minute of it.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Good luck finding a delete kit.... EPA is cracking down their fist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 74Beeper View Post
    Good luck finding a delete kit.... EPA is cracking down their fist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not hard to find. The rest of mine will be here next week. I do see youre point. With the EPA crackdown some parts will dry up and those that are still out there the price will go up. I'm not sure on far the EPA will go. If it will be a quick crackdown on a few, then they back off and you never see them again. Who knows. If you are looking to delete I would pony up the cash now, grab the stuff. When you do delete take care of the stock equipment, you never know if you are going to need it or have to install it back when you sell the truck. I hear about the big issue on warranty. Mine is still under, but I think it also depends on the dealer and whats wrong with the truck.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast