Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Uconnect 5.0 update

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Uconnect 5.0 update

I upgraded my tradesman radio from RA1 to RA2 5.0 for back up camera feature- I got the radio used off eBay and it has worked great for about 60 days- recently the volume knob is not working. I can turn it but it does not adjust and stays muted/quiet.

I have found the update files for the radio and when plugged in give error 127 - I called uconnect and they said they didn’t know what that error ment. Any ideas if there was maybe an issue with the files getting the usb or something?

In the meanwhile my volume is working now....I may end up just going aftermarket since I need some tunes while driving

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Uconnect 5.0 update

Do you have steering wheel buttons that control the radio? Do they work when the knob doesn't?

A friend at work bought a Tradesman and he didn't have the buttons. But he was able to buy the parts from the dealer and install them. It was buttons, a steering wheel trim cover, and maybe a wire harness too. Not sure exactly.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Uconnect 5.0 update

No steering wheel buttons for volume. I have looked at the kits and i don’t think it would be something I would use often enough. Radio is still working now...good thing but frustrating

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post