Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Too Loud!

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Exhaust Too Loud!

Gonna get some flack over this, but I bought this 04, 5.9 that someone put Banks Power 6 pack in it, 5" pipes all the way back; they spent some cash on the exhaust and breather and all, but it's just too loud to suit me. Truck runs like a scalded dog, and young high school boys drool when they hear me go by. I just need to quiet it down some. EWhat's my best options? It has a big bullet shaped muffler (don't think it's a cat. conv) right in the middle. Hate to sound ignorant, but been a Ford man for years, new to the Cummins. Just need a little more quiet.

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust Too Loud!

Quote Originally Posted by scotchirish View Post
    Gonna get some flack over this, but I bought this 04, 5.9 that someone put Banks Power 6 pack in it, 5" pipes all the way back; they spent some cash on the exhaust and breather and all, but it's just too loud to suit me. Truck runs like a scalded dog, and young high school boys drool when they hear me go by. I just need to quiet it down some. EWhat's my best options? It has a big bullet shaped muffler (don't think it's a cat. conv) right in the middle. Hate to sound ignorant, but been a Ford man for years, new to the Cummins. Just need a little more quiet.

Don't ever think that you will get flack for that. I personally run a muffler on mine! Drone gets old after awhile haha

Are you wanting to quiet down the sound outside or inside the cab? Most people will go with a flo pro resonator or muffler. If it's still loud they will place both of them within the exhaust system.

I'll shoot you a message bud.

Clayton

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Polaraco liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

If it’s to loud your to old

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    If it’s to loud your to old
    Very true. If I was 18 I'd want it louder.
    But love the sound of the Cummins. Told someone I'm thinking anout making a recording of the Cummins idling so I can go to sleep to the sound of it. Someone asked if I wanted it more quiet outside ir inside....inside, definitely. Under load it roars.

8. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Don't ever think that you will get flack for that. I personally run a muffler on mine! Drone gets old after awhile haha

Are you wanting to quiet down the sound outside or inside the cab? Most people will go with a flo pro resonator or muffler. If it's still loud they will place both of them within the exhaust system.

I'll shoot you a message bud.

Clayton
    I taught you well. LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scotchirish View Post
    I'm 19 and I think my 03 is entirely to loud and I have a 4" I need to kill the drone in the cab

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swampboy_99 View Post
    I'm 19 and I think my 03 is entirely to loud and I have a 4" I need to kill the drone in the cab
    I run an FTE 30” resonator right after the down pipe and recommend it for sure! They have a 19” if you are feeling a bit more wild. No drone in cab at all- still throaty on the outside

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189, scotchirish liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I run an FTE 30” resonator right after the down pipe and recommend it for sure! They have a 19” if you are feeling a bit more wild. No drone in cab at all- still throaty on the outside
    Can you give me some more info on the FTE resonator?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

It has a unique design- corkscrew shape around the outside with a straight through center. The closer to the motor the more effective it is. I have the link for the piece I have. Not sure if any vendors on here can get them. I had this on my last truck and put it on my newer one.

zero cab drone- whistle tune is dead quiet- normal tune there is slight noise at 1400+ rpm and 12v tune has some rumble throughout the rpms- just right for me

https://www.ftediesel.com/store/pc/v...4&idcategory=7

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swampboy_99 View Post
    @Polaraco did a write up at one point on how to quiet his 03 down. His truck was as quiet as a 4th gen at one point.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast